Message for Dream Daisy

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 28. Jan 2011, 11:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well done to Ipswich the other night they put up agreat figth and display giving Arsene's men arun for their money btw is our bet still on :?: :?:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey noeltone! Thank you, that is very generous of you indeed. Yes, the boys did pretty well to hold off Little Theo and his Chums (as we call the Arsenal in this house) for the first half, as a result of working so hard then I think they just ran out of steam in the second, hence the rather easy victory for Arsene's boys. Still, we beat them at home in the first leg - which was a flaming rarity this season!

Re the bet: what was it? I cannot remember, I do apologise, :oops: but I suspect the answer is still 'yes'. I hope you are keeping as well as you can be at the moment - this long, dark, dank month is nearly over - hurrah! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Hi DD You should try living in our house.I am a lifelong Man United supporter Paid my dues standing in the Stretford end My wife a Liverpool supporter likewise on the Kop Imagine Saturdays here.She has brainwashed our only son into being a season ticket holder at Anfield Mind as a big nob at Littlewoods usually watches from a VIP box As a minority I have learned the skill of a silent cheer.Unfortunately mixed marriages often work 43 years in April :evil :evil :evil
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Respect to you both as genuine fans, you have not leapt on the bandwagon of celebrity support ( as so many do). I have always supported Chelsea (I know why, won't confess) so they are my Premier League (such a mis-nomer in terms of social values) team sorted, and of course I also support (having been resident here since 1990 and let's face it, there is some history) Ipswich (who have also flirted with the PL). There is another passing fondness for Wycombe (raised near there) and Stranraer (I spent a wet Sunday afternoon there in October, way back in around or about 1992). I know, feeble girly stuff: I am not an honorary bloke.

Friday night beckons, tonesp. As does the Doom Bar. Hey-hey! DD
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    OOOHHHH you are a Devil woman DD One one hand you offer succour and comfort and then go for the Jugular by telling me that you are going out Quaffing real ale.However love conquers everything and I do really hope you enjoyed your few scoops last night you've earned them :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I know how to hit an ex-pat where it hurts. :wink: It was tonight, the planned expedition, but I suspect a raincheck may be called, for various reasons. There is always tomorrow tho! :grin: Enjoy your fizzy lager. DD

It is 5.31 and Mr DD has handed me a pint of St Peter's Best Bitter. Need I say more? Oh yes, I think I need. It's bliss in a glass, and there are more under the stairs. DD is a happy girl.