Allergy

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 31. Jan 2011, 16:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone Known or themselves have suffered an allergic reaction to a hip replacement.I have suffered from itching legs and large spots for a month now.I had my replacement in September.I saw the surgeon last week and he said all was well with the hip.However saw my GP this morning and he would not totally rule out that the hip was not the cause.He has prescribed tablets and cream for the itch but it really is driving me crackers Any help out there? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tones
    I do hope not, you have done so well...I will keep everything crossed for you.
    Not mi legs they are painful...sorry it will just be my fingers on one hand :roll: :smile:
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Good Luck
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I know that metal intolerances exist, but I thought they were restricted to precious metals. Wot the heck is your new hip made from? :shock: Crikey, tonesp, talk about a bolt from the blue. The dissolvable stitches (that didn't) caused a problem, yes? Could it be related to them, ie the surrounding tissue has become inflamed as a result or their not dissolving? I know that was a little while ago but . . . . . I am so sorry, new joint 'hiccups' at this late stage are soooooooo not required. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Tones

Sorry I really can't help on this but just wanted to leave some hugs for you and hope it soon clears up for you and is nothing major to worry about. I will cross my finger for you. ((( )))
    Chris
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Tone

I do hope it's not an allergy to the hip :shock: That would be dreadful as it's gone so well otherwise.

maybe it's to the stitches or even something else totally unrelated or coincidental??

Good luck Tone :grin:

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tonesp
    Cant help you with the allergy but i do hope its not the hip that is causing it, just hope the cream the doc gave you works
    juliepf :smile:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    I don't have personal experience of this Tony and have never heard of anyone having this either - it does happen sometimes but is considered a "rare" occurrence.

I really hope there is another explanation and the rash and spots clear up quickly.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments and good wishes.The cream has helped a bit and the tablets a lot Not a lot of itching The rash seems localised and I am hoing that an allergy from deep inside would be more general Still waiting to see the dermatologist Let you Know when I have