mother and baby parking ugh!

Options
mirabella
mirabella Member Posts: 272
edited 18. Apr 2012, 11:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well :!: I know I promised to put my well recorded temper in a box,but today had to let it loose in no uncertain way.I left my physio circuit training and decided on the way home would pop into Asda for a bit of shopping :!: I don't normally do this stuff anymore,too much hassel.However today got a whim.I pull into car park,all disable spaces were taken,one by a WHITE VAN,no disable badge to be seen :!: :!: So opposite was a mother and child parking spot.I drove in it put my D/B on the dashboard as you do.Did some good shopping,when I came out to my car there was an irate young woman in her car parked right behind me.2 Kids in the back had to be 6/7 yrs old.She was so abusive screaming at me for parking in this spot.I kept calm showed her my badge,she carried on saying that it was a designated parking space for mother and children all the rubbish.That was it then,boy did I see red,stupid woman,her and her kids can walk so much better than myself,when I was her age,I walked to shops with my kids and lugged back all the shopping or got on a bus,Whats it all about :?: I just made her wait at least another 10 mins,just faffing around.I seriously thought about hitting her with my either crutch or walking stick,but the kids put me off.How are they going to grow up with out any respect.Hope they all get fat and get Arthur,thats a terrible thing to say I know but I just felt like I was a criminal,and I am so weak at the moment with so much else going on.
My rant for the day :!: :!: Mirabella

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    OK, calm head says disabled people are not allowed/entitled to park in a mother and child space.

Angry head says these women usually choose to encumber themselves with the clutter of breeding, and should be able to control said offspring to the extent that they do not career across car parks.

Calm head replies No 'proof of parking' is required for a M&C space so . . . buy a second hand baby seat from abey/charity shop/ or find it in a skip and stick it in your car, together with some nauseous sticker about 'Princess on board' or whatever. Job done. Simples.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I park in them too when all the disabled bays are taken...
    What really annoys me is at our local as-dar the parent and toddler spaces are NEARER to the doors than the disabled bays :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: Since when did having a sprog make you lose the use of limbs? Bloody stupid... Now you've set me off on a rant, lol... Not easily done by the way so I congratulate you, lol...
    As DD said... Stick a cheap booster seat in the back :shock: :lol:
    that particular supermarket were the first to introduce fines for parking in disabled bays I believe, should've reported the idiot white van driver!

Right..... Now I'm calm again... Haha
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    i totally agree with all, i say to oh, as i don't drive any more, to park in the mother and baby spaces and woe betide anyone complains to me, or they will see a not so nice side to bubbles. it is true, they are closer to the shop entrance than the disabled spaces, which i cannot understand, must be some EU ruling in case the kids run into the traffic.

half the people that use the blue badge spaces are as fit as butchers dogs, the other day a lady parked up and went like lightning into the shop, carrying her stick, errrrr excuse me.....
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Totally sypathise here, Mirabella - at our Asda, the M&C spaces are closer to the doors than the disabled ones too :cry: Probably because the chavs with 300+ kids are more in number than the disabled customers and therefore there complaints are more effective???

People parking in the disabled bays with no blue badge always makes me see red. My sister has always used a wheelchair and I have a right go at anyone without one whenever I can.

Nxx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    The parking spaces in supermarkets for disable and mothers with babies/children can be used by anyone. The fact is there is no law that can be enforced in these parking areas. It is more of a "here you go parking spots near to the shop for these people". Unfortunately at our Tescos which is on a Garrison you have the thoughtless young one who just pull up as close to the shop door as possible without a thought for anyone else. Drives my hubby mad but nothing you can do about it. We have spoken in store and they understand but said it is only a request that these signs are for the groups stated. My hubby was in the army and said some of these youngest need to put their brains into gear.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Mmmm....

not sure where l stand on this one.

The asda at stafford has disabled bays by the door and will have a go at anyone without badge. I belive that they intended to fine people £60 for parking in spaces they are not eligable to.

asda say their child spaces are for those with a child under 12. theory being that they need to be protected from car-park dangers and if you have younger children, need that extra door width for loading and unloading pushchairs.

Supermarkets are sort well 'private land' l suppose and really those with a badge are not normally supposed to park in areas 'reserved for specific users', at least not on a public highway.

Therefore we are back to the usual 'common sense' idea. respect each other.

The lady should not have a go at anyone - it isnt nice and upsets her as well as you and probably her kids too. I know you didnt really hope they got arthrtitis. I hope you feel better now.

Am I on the fence :shock:

off to t*sco :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    ....its takes me quite a while to get into the car...and we get people saying today....course I understand there impatience...I wouldnt mind if they didnt say anything and just glare, so like you I just take even longer....
    sorry I am talking about disabled bays.....foggy brain again :roll: :smile:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mirabella
    Options
    Well you lovely people out there,I have read your reply's and to be honest,I am so angry with this carpark system,that these Supermarkets have,you are so right,seems,The Mother and Baby type parking have more rights than us disabled people :!: Well from now on I will park wherever I want,I paid for my Badge,plus filled in an endless pages of forms,got letters from docs,had to deal with the fact that I am actually disabled which is bad enough :x So as far as I am concerned,they can all go st
    f themselves.Never heard off years ago you have kids,you keep them under control.My children were not a problem,so it's got to be down to the parents to stop them from running around a car park,and anway what do they do with them when they go else where :?: Pi----sed off big time :x :x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Honestly mirabella, it's not worth the angst. It really isn't. Save your energy for the battles you need to be fighting - if it really gets your goat that much then strew the car with sweet wrappers, empty crisp packets, dead coke cans and other bits of 'family' detritus - if challenged by some adenoidal, jumped-up car park supervisor (which you will be, they cannot be *rsed to catch those who abuse our bays) tell him you are the oldest surrogate mother in the UK ('I am 85, yes, I know, I look good for my age!') but you left the babe at home in a deeply hormonal moment. He'll swallow that, hook line and sinker, such is his dependence on the NOTW for his knowledge. DD

And reeeeeelaaaaaaaaaax.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Be careful; Mirabella

Listen to DD she is right.( and funny!)

There are VERY nasty people out there. Some of them could REALLY hurt you :sad:

Live and let live and at least you will be alive.....some of them have knives :shock:

How much do blue badges cost these days - is it still £2??
  • mirabella
    Options
    Oh! I know your right,I got a telling off from just about everyone,when I told them what had happened,my daughter was furious with me,saying the same as you that there are lots of nasty people out there and I am only little,so even if I did clout someone I wouldn't do much damage.Funny enough,I actually have toys,those silly fluffy things :oops: on my back seat,my lovely mum gave them to me to keep me company and always remind me that at 60 I will always be her little girl :oops: She is 81 now and badly crippled with Arthur,but is always bright and happy.So I will try and park in the B/B bays only,buthave to say that my brakes are not good and I am pretty useless at reversing :lol: and at my local Asda the M/C bays are dead opposite :!: Mirabella
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ah Tink

You are a sweetie. l promise you l am not nice if someone has a go at me, but I do avoid it. You be careful too some people out there are really mad aren't they? if they knife you - you are in trouble :sad:

Love

toni xx
  • mirabella
    Options
    Tinkerbelle,I have been cross/angry since August 2008 when hip collapsed and my life as it was came to an end,before that I thought I was quite a normal person.I don't think I will ever not be cross/angry,hate my life now,and hate everything that goes with it.Will never get used to not doing what I used to do.I so admire the people on here,they give me so much help,advice,and laughs,but it's myself that I have to deal with,sometimes I find it impossible and the slightest thing gets out of hand and I shock myself with the anger thats within me.However I will try my best to be better :smile: Mirabella
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Mirabella, I think the forum is not just a great place to talk about arthur but all the crap that comes with it too... I sometimes get really angry about it, but I realise that there is no point, it won't help me, or the people around me.. I hope you are coping ok.

Be well mi dear...
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Mirabella

You are not the only one who looses it...not at all. Others on here have told me the same.there are times when you just can't cope any more and see red and nothing can stand in your way. this includes me 100%.

I should think this is totally normal isn't it?

Tink is right about our DD for sure :roll: She takes no rubbish.

Love to you all

Toni xx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I think is fine to have a little rant now and then...let it all out. My hubby has the badge as at present i am Ok. Do have bad days on and off but at the early stages compared to a lot of your lovely people on this site. My hubby often rants about this topic especially when he is having a really bad day with his legs and makes his blood boil when he sees young soldiers parked in the bays because they are the closest to the shop doors. As for parent and children....i cannot understand that one. I had four children and often took mine out alone because hubby was away (he was in the army). I did not drive but mine walked carried shopping and did as they were told.
    Parenting skills seem to lack for a lot of people which is terrible because the children have no boundaries so behaviour badly. cannot blame the children it is their parents. (But that is another topic altogether).
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    mirabella wrote:
    Tinkerbelle,I have been cross/angry since August 2008 when hip collapsed and my life as it was came to an end,before that I thought I was quite a normal person.I don't think I will ever not be cross/angry,hate my life now,and hate everything that goes with it. Mirabella
    Being angry at the world will make the world an angry place for you. Bringing peace and harmony is always a long and troublesome road, it can be done only if you so wish. Find what brings happiness and work at that part of you, then, and only then, will you become a happier person. If you heal your soul then your body will cope better with your life and with your pain.

2 years is a long time to bring anger down upon yourself. If you want your world to be healed then it will be so, but you are the only one that can heal it. Many people are angry with their lives, concentrating on what they have lost in the past when they should be thankful for what they have in the present. It may not be much, but it is yours and it is all that you have. Be comforted by those around you, bring them all joy and happiness and you will have peace and tranquillity in return.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    my 10 years baby girl...... had just learnt to crawl.......my girl had such a good relationship with a camera.

Go easy on her, Del. This is a 10yr old who's still at the crawling stage and bonds with cameras :shock:

(Or maybe just a pushy mother spammer.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Funny you should mention Asda - I went yesterday and they have at least 20 of BB bays, I got the last space and thought I would find lots of less abled people in there - I saw ONE I don't normally spend much time in shops but yesterday I fancied a wander of course I did too much and when I got back to my car I just had to sit for a while. While sitting there I saw many people with BB coming back to their cars, now I know a lot of health problems are not always seen (but all of these people?) but I just wondered how some people got their BB when we have to jump through hoops to get them. I nearly asked the man with a BB who looked like he was coming home from work from a building site.
  • Ldyalb
    Ldyalb Member Posts: 85
    Options
    My local railway station recently had all their disabled bays taken up by workmen's vans. The other local station had disabled spaces at one end of the platform, away from the ticket office entrance with steps. This way you just walked straight onto the platform and by the ticket machines. Now they've installed ticket barriers you can no longer enter the platform from the car park as that would allow you access without putting your ticket through. So now the disabled spaces are the furthest spaces away from the entrance...

IMO the P+C spaces are a luxury, not a necessity. I can fully understand that for people with babies and toddlers a wider space must be very useful for sorting out prams, car seats etc. But I don't see why they have to be close to the door.

Disabled spaces need to be close to the door as those people walking with disabilities which restrict their walking such as arthritis, lung disease etc benefit from not having to walk as far. My 72 year old Dad (OA) has one. The wider spaces are useful for people in wheelchairs, and also are useful for people like my Dad who need space for someone to help them out of the car, and space for sticks, crutches etc. Being nearer the doors also helps people with wheelchairs as they don't need to be pushed as far, or don't have to propel themselves as far.

But disability is not a choice, having children is. My parents managed well with me (am nearly 24) without P+C spaces. But Dad managed no where near as well in the days before he had his Blue Badge. And the number of people I see using P+C spaces who only have one child with them, that child being in their mid to late teens is shocking. I always saw them as something to help parents with babies and toddlers, not 16 year olds.

I'd be tempted to take my father out with me and say 'yeah, he's my parent - it's parent and child. What's the problem?' :lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Good point Ldyalb. I wonder if there is an age limit.

E X
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Mirabella, I'm totally on your side with this! POINT 1 It's a Mother & Baby space not a Lazy bleeding Mother & 7 year old Kids space! POINT 2 How many times has she parked in the disabled parking because she couldn't be bothered to move her fat **** from parking in public parking spaces!!
    Why do mother's need special places to park their Land Rovers or their people carriers? They don't need these parking places, it makes them lazy!
    There is one thing that makes my blood boil and sends me right on to my soap box! People using blue badge places when they don't have one! You should ask my OH I become some sort of evil dragon women!! I start raising my voices shouting ' That car has no blue badge, oh look there's another' and my poor OH is telling me to stop it. I have had people who park in the disabled spaces and have no badge when they have come back to their cars and questioned them like some sort crazy cop!
  • mummy2LeoandRiley
    mummy2LeoandRiley Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Eek... I feel a bit torn here! I am a mum to 2 young boys (3 and 5 months) and also have arthritis. I do not currently have a blue badge and so rely on the mother and baby parking spaces as they give me the extra room to get myself and the boys out and are (at least at our local stores) as close or only slightly further than the blue badge spots to the doors. Now I completely understand your predicament in there being no disabled spots for you, but if a mum or dad on their own pulled in to the car park with at least 2 or possibly more children and the mother and baby spots were all filled up, they would be fined for parking in the disabled bays. But is the other way round acceptable - a blue badge holder using a parent and child spot? I would also like to note that as a child my mum was unable to claim a blue badge for me as it was deemed I could be carried from the car by one of my parents. A 10 year old does not want to be carried by their parents in public at the best of times (and it is pretty painful when you are in a flare) but then for them to have to park further away from the store because the parent/child bays are all filled makes the whole situation much harder.
    I hope my argument makes sense! Just to let you know I do not disagree with you using the space, and would have no objections and would certainly not shout at another disabled person using those spaces (I have approached people who do not have children or a disabled badge and still use them though!) I am just trying to offer a different opinion!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I see an old thread resurrected!!

Thought we'd been here before. Was it a spammer??

Mummy2 L and R.

I agree with you too and can see both points of view 100% (have 3 kids and stopped using them when they could 'buckle up and get in and out themselves).

I think we are not allowed to park in spaces designated for others under the terms of the blue badge, BUT there are times when it would be helpful :)

The parent and child spaces are there for the extra b*m space needed for getting them out of car seats and putting trolleys prams alongside - so like our needs. They need to be close by so they are 'safer' and less likely to get run over.

My main point though is always the same one. I won't argue with people if l can help it as they can be very very nasty - even dangerous. In addition l often end up upset for days if l do :oops:

In a perfect world people would only park where they were allowed and kindly make way for those who have extra needs, no work-vans or delivery trucks etc would ever use 'disabled' spaces....sigh

Take care everyone....

Love

Toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hiya

Sooo annoying this isnt it? I wouldnt do it simply because for one its not worth the abuse but I dont know why supermarkets feel they had to introduce this, I mean when I was growing up with 3 siblings they never existed and my mum had a little mini!!
    The thing that annoys me more is designated bays in our town opposite a mcdonalds and post office...The people there just stuff their faces with big macs, all ages old, young, white van man!! Asked one guy to move and got screamed at saying there was a carpark full of spaces and to eff off!! I got back in my car and waited for him to move but if that had been myself I would have apologised and moved...If you can run across to mc d's or po then you dont need to be in disabled bay!!!......
    The mums are in a league of their own in poundland today woman was shouting kid called Charlie who was down an aisle with another woman, basket was in middle of aisle, pushchair at lh side so I couldnt get past, asked woman (mum) to move the pram, she ignored me, I tried, brakes were on and then she reached over, eventually moved it, no apology.....Where is the manners now? And im not old (43).....Its all about selfishness with some people...

Elainex
    mirabella wrote:
    Well :!: I know I promised to put my well recorded temper in a box,but today had to let it loose in no uncertain way.I left my physio circuit training and decided on the way home would pop into Asda for a bit of shopping :!: I don't normally do this stuff anymore,too much hassel.However today got a whim.I pull into car park,all disable spaces were taken,one by a WHITE VAN,no disable badge to be seen :!: :!: So opposite was a mother and child parking spot.I drove in it put my D/B on the dashboard as you do.Did some good shopping,when I came out to my car there was an irate young woman in her car parked right behind me.2 Kids in the back had to be 6/7 yrs old.She was so abusive screaming at me for parking in this spot.I kept calm showed her my badge,she carried on saying that it was a designated parking space for mother and children all the rubbish.That was it then,boy did I see red,stupid woman,her and her kids can walk so much better than myself,when I was her age,I walked to shops with my kids and lugged back all the shopping or got on a bus,Whats it all about :?: I just made her wait at least another 10 mins,just faffing around.I seriously thought about hitting her with my either crutch or walking stick,but the kids put me off.How are they going to grow up with out any respect.Hope they all get fat and get Arthur,thats a terrible thing to say I know but I just felt like I was a criminal,and I am so weak at the moment with so much else going on.
    My rant for the day :!: :!: Mirabella