Why is payback such a bee-hatch???

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 29. Jan 2011, 16:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi folks, hope we are all ok tonight... My bloody knees are in full payback is a bitch mode.... We have friends over from makes sty the minute and we have been wanting to make sure they enjoy their trip as they go home sunday, went out for a meal last night, so because of that I was already hurting like buggery this morning.. Them we took them to a local stately home to look round the gardens, so I masse sure I was suitably popped up on pain meds and took it slow using my walking stick, rested often etc.... Saw the deer and the birds in the aviary... Later we took them into Leeds centre so they could go ice skating, again, I rested, sat in the cafe keeping warm,watching and taking photos etc..... We have had a fantastic day, but boy do I know it now... I could bloody cry mi knees hurt that much, can't take any more painkillers as I've already had the maximum dose. :roll: Isn't it a bugger when you can't even have a nice day without this....? It will only get worse I'm afraid as we are taking them to the deep in hull tomorrow.... Its a big place so I think I'll spend a fair bit of time sat down somewhere out of the way... God knows how much pain I'll be in by the time the payback had added up, lol......
I know I could not do these things, but they haven't been over for years and they're basically family, luv em all to bits, it's brilliant spending time with them and wouldn't want to see em wasting they're time here sat around waiting for me....
Sorry folks, just needed a moan....
:grin::grin:
I will do my recovering on Sunday...... Monday I have my orthopaedic triage appointment, they will decide if I am worthy of seeing the surgeon so it might actually be of benefit to be in a lot of pain when I see them as daft as that sounds....
:grin:
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Sorry you've had a bad day (along with the good side). Can't remember if The Deep lets you borrow a wheelchair or scooter but, if so, suggest you bite the bullet. You feel a right prawn first time you use one but it enables you to enjoy things more & stops others worrying about you.

Hope it's a bit better tomorrow.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks sticky, will keep that in mind but i am a silly stubborm Yorkshireman who hardly uses the walking stick that he has through what is obviously misguided pride :roll: :roll: :lol::lol:

here's to another good day though :grin::grin:

gonna log off, knees won't stop screaming at me fpr my full attention like a pair of spoilt ugly twins :eek: :lol::lol:

goodnight, i will be back tomorrow.... :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm not knocking pride. It'll get you a long way. But then the wheelchair'll get you a bit further. (Try to ensure your pusher stays sober though - they tend to get overconfident when drunk.)
    Steven Wright
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Hi Tony

I'm glad you're having such a nice time with your friends/ family and it's lovely you're making such an effort. But I'm sure if I was as close to you as they are, I wouldn't want you to be in so much pain and to rest and not do so much? After all, it's you they've come to see?

Take it easy, hope your appointment goes well

Nxx
  • jacqmun
    jacqmun Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're suffering at the mo Tony :sad:
    Best wishes
    Jacqui x
    When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks everyone for the messages... I've had mi pain meds, got mi wheat packs on etc... Going to be moving slowly this morning, lol.
    I have to go this morning, I'm one of the drivers, haha.... I will only do the minimal of walking when we get there, the cafe is very nice, comfy seats.. And views over the Humber..... Hopefully tetley tea bags too :grin:
    I will let you know how the day went later, probably while I'm sat in the cafe all on my lonesome... :cry::cry::grin::wink::lol:

Thanks you lot, you are a lovely bunch of folks............ Great support system.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Toni...

You deserve to give yourself a pat on the back... :P :smile:

I think you have done an amazing job of entertaining guests and putting your pain to one side to ensure they have a great time... You deserve a stiff drink me thinks lol.. :lol:
    I hope you can manage to get some rest in between so you don't totally over do it..
    Make sure you get some well earned rest when they gone..
    You take care
    Tracy
    xxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Take it gently today Tony, you want to enjoy as much of the day as you can, so take your phone and perhaps a good book, sit in the warm, keep the pain dullers topped up and drink tea. Now that sounds like a plan! I shall be thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony
    Its a bugger, I hate being high on drugs when trying to enjoy myself...like someone said its good to have pride...but yeah it can get in the way...I sometimes find that one crutch is much better than a stick....the downside you cant fold um... :roll:
    Hope you are resting up ...and enjoy the deep :smile:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    tony enjoy your day go for it we all know the pay back but it will be worth it and if joints bit worse for app well all the better use wheel chair if you need one just think of the fun they would have pushing you around would make there day honest they would love it and you can join in more and suffer less val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Tony

I hope your day is going swimmingly ( sorry, couldn't resist it :!: :roll: )

Phone272.jpg

I hope that you will manage to see some of the fish etc and find plenty of places to rest. Enjoy your day, and I hope that the payback isn't too bad later.

Also, good luck with your appointment on Monday.

good_luck.jpg

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tony
    sorry that you have had a lot of pain these past few days and that you have had to hide it.
    I hope you enjoy the trip to the deep and please if they do lend out wheelchairs use one.
    (could have lent you a scooter :smile: )
    hope you are not too tired when you get home
    takecare
    juliepf :smile:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'm so pleased that you all responded like you have, it really makes me smile.. Forgive me if I don't respond to each person desperately, I'm shattered now and in bloody agony.. :roll:
    Had a fantastic time at the deep.. I did rest a few times, used mi walking stick too.. When I knew it was about that point that if I did anymore then I wouldn't be able to drive the sixty four miles back I said we would have to leave, we had been there a god few hours, everyone loved it... We set off and there had been an accident that morning on the motorway, it was closed on the way there and even hours later it was still closed, both lanes... It took about three and a half hours to get back!! Sixty four bloody miles!!
    Do now not just my knees are kicking the hell out of me but now my back that hadn't been too bad all day had joined in... Hands too from the driving...
    I will not be getting up in the morning that's for sure.. We are off to my nieces though as its her mums birthday, all the crazy maltesers will be there... At least it's only about five miles away... Might get a taxi.. Wish I drank, would have that stiff drink someone mentioned, lol....
    Thanks again each and every one of you for being kind enough to care....
    All I can blooming hear in my head is a load of maltese babble, haha..... They all talk really loud at two hundred miles an hour.. :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi folks.... quick update, I'm still losing the battle of the payback, more not had a good nights sleep, still in bed, still almost bloody crying with the pain.......... Times like this I wish I was back in the dihydrocodiene, I would just take a handful... The tramadol, paracetamol and diclofenic mix just ain't cutting the mustard.
    Why do we dare to enjoy ourselves, we should know we are destined to a life without the fun of a normal human being, lol....

I sincerely hope each and every one of you are having a good day today..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Chill out this weekend and keep very very warm.

Take care.
    xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Think that will be the order for today at least... Don't know if I will be going to my nieces tonight... Will see how it goes.. Also supposed to be on airport duties tomorrow afternoon, hoping to have recovered by then.. Won't be seeing them for another two years now, they are coming over for my cousins wedding then...

I think the most strenuous thing I will be doing today is lifting my cup of tea up to mi ugly mug and stroking the cats...
    Lol

Cheers :grin:

daylily wrote:
    Chill out this weekend and keep very very warm.

Take care.
    xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    your right on that one Del..... One of our two cats almost purred in my right ear earlier...... Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Tony, I’m really pleased you had a good time but you’ve got to stop knackering yourself. I know the hardest part of taking to a wheelchair is that you feel a fraud cos you can walk, however painful that may be. I felt like that years ago on my first trip as I tried to become invisible while my very chatty 3 year old son, on my knee, beamed at all passers-by and, in his piercing little voice, told them “It’s our first time in a wheelchair. Is it yours?” (He now enjoys scaring me by doing wheelies with me at breakneck speed. He’s 36.)

You say you’re a Yorkshireman. OK, here’s a suggestion. Google ‘Ogden Water’. (It’s between Halifax and Keighley) Go to their Information page and, at the bottom, it tells you how to ask for use of their electric scooter. (It’s free but you’ve to ask in advance so’s they can charge it up.) Drive to the disabled parking spot by the loos. A lovely man will sort you out. Enjoy a pain free ride in a beautiful setting where no-one you know will see you let alone think you’re a fraud and then afterwards nip into the pub on the corner for a great lunch. (There’s steps from the car park but the front entrance only has a couple of shallow ones.)

I promise I’m not ever going to check up on you to see if you’ve been. But do think about it. It’ll open up lots of lovely possibilities.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Cheers sticky.. It sounds like that place would be a nice day out..I will keep it in mind.. Are you sure you won't be checking the cctv to make sure I do as I'm told.. Lol :wink:
    :???: :eek: :shock: A lovely man waiting at the loos to sort me out!? He didn't used to be in Wham did he? Sorry, couldn't resist that one..heehee..

Cheers again, I appreciate it.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Tinks... Bet that question has a few people wondering 8) 8) :lol:
    A thet minute they are behaving like the bloody kray twins.. I have to pay them protection money or they break my kneecaps, lol..
    Their older brothers lumbar and the handy twins have joined the gang today.... They are giving me a right duffing up! Bullies eh?

LOL

Hope you are well.. I've not posted many tunes for a bit as it's been easier for me to use the mobile to log on here than the pc.. Typing on the touch screen is so much easier than the keyboard..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • puffin
    puffin Member Posts: 67
    Options
    I wonder whether your family and friends know just how much agony you are now in and how much you are worrying about the last two journeys and whatever else they involve---getting in and out of a car, the driving, the walking, the talking.

Perhaps you have already made a choice to try to do one, not both. Not sure what your weather is just now but it is still winter :sad: and the more exhausted you are with pain, the more you lay yourself open to colds, etc.
    Take care and keep warm!
    Medal coming your way.
    Puffin.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks puffin, not sure I'm quite medal material though, lol..
    Only if I feel up to it will wr go to my nieces tonight.. Would be nice to see them all.. And think it will be a taxi there and back, I know once I get there my OH will gladly grass me up as to how much I'm suffering and much fuss will be made.. :roll: :shock: :lol:
    I'm not the type that likes to be fussed over too much, would rather pretend I'm fine, lol..
    Tomorrow, only if I am well enough will I take them to the airport, I know for a fact that they would go mad with me if they did know just how much I've been suffering but I don't want them feeling guilty, was my decision tp over do things not theirs.. Luckily it's Leeds & Bradford airport do not a long trip..

Will see.. Promise I won't do it if I can't... With fingers crossed behind my back, lol, just kidding :grin::grin:

Tinks, bless you hun, you are very kind indeed..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    isn't that from a shampoo commercial tinks? Lol

So far it's not looking like I will be going anywhere tonight... IBS has decided that suffering with joint pain wasn't enough of a payback for me.... Wonderful, just what I need right now.... :roll: :x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Arthur pain and IBS as well............pure torture :shock: :shock:

Nearly time to hit you over the head with my magic wand if the pain doesn't ease up soon, Tony :lol:

fairywandanimated.gif

If only it were that simple :!: :roll:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Lol.... Yes, I am such a lucky chap with the ailments.... Worst thing is, sitting on the loo is one of the most painful positions for me to sit in..... Double whammy.... Haha......
    I think I'll take an extra mebeverine in a minute, see if that helps things..

Fun fun fun..... :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP