Blue Badge Parking

Options
NinaKKang
NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
edited 28. Jan 2011, 18:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Totally agree, Del, BB abusers should have them taken off them. Have you ever read Gridlock by Ben Elton? He has a LOT to say on this subject and also people who use their hazard lights as license to do what they like!

We have an open drive and people seem to think it's license to block it a bit if they want to. I always challenge it, we paid £900 to drop the curb down all the way across to get our cars on, it's not another parking space!

Nxx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Del
    Im a blue badge holder....but I am very careful were I park...has for parking for 3 hours on double yellow lines...it still scares me :eek:
    There was one the other week...an elderly couple had parked across the gates of a lorry park....and gone shopping....oh the language off those lorry drivers... :shock: :shock: :smile:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I’ve had a Blue Badge for years and get thoroughly p….d off with the thoughtless parking of others. We do get a booklet to tell us where we can/can’t park but I guess not everyone bothers to read it. Mind you, not all are genuine. Some perfectly able-bodied people seem to think they can use a Blue Badge if shopping for the owner. Why? Do you suddenly become less capable of walking?

My own local authority sends me a reminder when mine’s due for renewal then posts it to me when I’ve done the paperwork. It never asks for the old one back. How many out-of-date ones are being passed around and used by family and friends? Who looks at the date? I’ve rung them about this but nothing changes.

If the photo was on the front rather than the back at least you could tell at a glance if the right person was using it. In my more evil moments I’ve plotted to get a (very sticky) sticker made to slap on the windscreens of people who abuse the badge. It would read ‘NOT DISABLED - JUST A THOUGHTLESS, CARELESS PARKER’.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    in the town where i live it is a night mare it pedestrian lol but badge holders can park there where ever they like not only that but they drive down it and usually impatiently getting closer and closer to where we walking not only this but get all the best parking spaces in the car park why when they park in middle of town any way they do not need both do they????? makes my blood boil
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Although I am a BB holder myself, I get very annoyed when I see other people abusing the system. It's not a license to park anywhere, and all BB holders should abide by the rules. Otherwise, they get us all a bad name, and people have little sympathy with our need to hold a badge. Mine has been a godsend to me, and I wouldn't like to be without it.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    My most memorable confrontation with an impolite parker was a few years ago . My son had driven me home to find a couple of young women parking in my designated disabled bay . He asked them politely to move as they had no BB and explained that his mum needed the space to get in and out of the wheelchair . The young driver said , " I need to park here cos my friend's quite old and will be unable to walk soon . " We still think of her horrified companion and wonder how she's holding up ! ! Jillyb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    sorry wrong thread :oops:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooooooooh frog, are you alright? That's not like you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Brain dead today DD e045.gif
    cleaned too many cupboards..... :lol:
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    Right you lot,My local ASDA it's main carpark is on a hill :?:I have never abused my blue badge,in fact I hate it,it reminds me that I am,but I cannot like most of you negiotate a hill climb to the shop.There are 4 parking bays right outside the shop,they are always full :!: Fine by me,although I have seen people that walk better than myself.The other flat car park,is designated to MOTHER AND CHILD,and a few to the likes of us :!: The rest of this argument is on another thread,but feel that the mothers of today need a reality check :!: Mirabella
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    we had a disabled bay put outside our place when we moved here as there is one particular family that have several cars and despite knowing both myself and OH are disabled used to intentionally park outside ours.. So the bay was put in.. It almost came to blows with the idiot neanderthal son one day, I came back and his car was in the bay, he had no badge, he's a steroid munching pillock who thinks he's a big hard man... Where I come from, disabled or not we chew idiots like him up and spit them out... I told him to get it moved as he'd already purposely parked there a couple of times while the street was empty! He had the cheek to say that he's seen my car parked there with no badges on display.. I asked him which one he'd like to see as we both have one... He answered with... My Daughter had arthritis and when she's bad enough I'm gonna get a badge and park there all the time... Twit.... She's only about one for a start, think you've to over a certain age before you can get the badge, and then.... Who wishes their child to get worse to spite someone? He threatened to knock me out apparently, didn't say it to me said it ti OH and my Daughter who he thought he was intimidating.. They both laughed at him... After they buggered off I thought I'm not letting that go, now this shows how I've mellowed, a few years ago the lads would have turned up in a van and taken him for a nice long drive, taught him some manners and that would have been it... I thought about that believe me.. Instead I called the police, thought I will have am official record of what had happened in case it happens again... Must have worked because apart from the odd time he's tried to wind me up by parking right up to the edge of the bay he's been staying away from it.... Nobody in the street likes them, apparently they had to leave the last house they lived in, council evicted them for causing trouble.... bloody numpties.. Wish I could go back a few yrs to when I was fitter.... I liked knocking the big ones down, they fall harder... :lol::lol:
    ..Wow... That went on a bit dint it folks... Sorry.... Haha
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Thanks Del... Have got a few pals waiting already, lol....
    I've just to say the word.... It would be funny to see his face when he realises he's being bundled into a van full of psychopaths and starts to panic... Haha...
    It's all down to how he conducts himself from now on... I'm so much more tolerant than I used to be... Lol
    Cheers though Rkid, bikers are always a good bunch to know.. :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP