House Fire in Derbyshire

NinaKKang
NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
edited 28. Jan 2011, 08:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/picture-happiness-blaze-tragedy-struck/article-3152039-detail/article.html

I'd just like to reiterate to everyone the importance of fire safety in the home. I visited this village yesterday to help out community fire safety and deliver leaflets and the devastation made us cry several times.

I work for the fire service as office manager, by the way.

PLEASE fit and test your smoke alarms every week (if you access your fire service's website there will be guidance on this and they may even fit them for you for free)

Make sure you have planned your escape routes in the event of fire

Make sure everyone living with you knows what they are

If you see a fire: Get Out, Stay Out and call the fire brigade

Nina XXX

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nina
    Thank you for drawing our attention to this, how does any mother come back from losing her children.....and I really feel for the firemen that went in to try and save them...what an awful job....
    My thoughts are with the family...
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    It's just so awful, the neighbours reported that they could hear 2 of the children screaming :cry: It's made us all very sad...

Legislation has changed for landlords recently, putting the onus on them to ensure their property is safe for their tenants. We have all kinds of problems with landlords though...

Nxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Nina

Thanks for posting this as it is something easy to forget about, but so important to check on.

The thought of those beautiful children losing their lives in the fire is so tragic. I'm not surprised that it upset you when you went to the site of the fire. I don't know how the children's mother will ever come to terms with her loss.

Keep up the good work, Nina. You are doing a great job :!: :grin:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif