One handed today.. oh the joys!!!!!

Options
traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 30. Jan 2011, 09:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Woke this morning in agony with my wrists..
The slightest grip was agony in my right hand..
Determined to do me jobs i have managed to strip beds with my left hand and teeth lol :lol:
My left is now tired and in need of some rest me thinks ....
Cup of tea on the way..and a lounge on the settee before the washing finishes and start all over again...
Hard work typing with one hand...lol..

Hope your all ok as ok can be..
Take care
Tracy
xxxx
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Know just how you feel , Tracy , luckily my hands and wrists are ok at the moment , it's my hips having a go at grabbing centre stage ! Hope, you're able to rest up a bit ( easier said than done , I know ), and maybe leave the chores until another day . Jillyb
  • traluvie
    Options
    H Jilly..

I have a habit of doing what i can aslong as i'm able to move about lol..
    N gd for the rest of my body i know.. i'm sure i shall be suffering for it soon..
    Just going to do this load of washing then thats me done for the day i reckon.. gd job my partner cooking a buffet spread.. easier for me to eat.. bless him.. see can be considerate.. :lol:
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Makes so much difference when you're blessed with someone who understands ; my husband is my full time carer too and is amazing the way he puts up with my bad days as well as the good . Have a relaxed evening , enjoy your lovely buffet . Jillyb
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Tracey, you take things steady today... My hands and wrists are bad today too. I get my OH to warm my wheat packs up and wrap them around the hands and wrists, does help a little. Plus at the minute I'm using my mobile phone on the forum as it's touch screen and easier to type with than the pc keyboard.. Plus I've to lay awkwardly to use the pc and my back and legs ain't good at the minute either.. :roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Hi Tracey, you take things steady today... My hands and wrists are bad today too. I get my OH to warm my wheat packs up and wrap them around the hands and wrists, does help a little. Plus at the minute I'm using my mobile phone on the forum as it's touch screen and easier to type with than the pc keyboard.. Plus I've to lay awkwardly to use the pc and my back and legs ain't good at the minute either.. :roll:

Sorry to hear your having a bad day too.. i might be easier using my phone rather than keyboard... Will give it a whirl.. thanks..
    I can feel my other wrist throbbing now.. oh no.. :roll:
    Time for more meds...
    Lets hope we all feel bit better, although i'm not holding out much hope....
    You never know arthur may decide to bugger off out for night give us a rest...
    Take care..
    xxxxxx
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Why oh why does Arthur always take the upper hand. He always seems to make sure that if he is giving one part a rest he'll play up in another!
    Hope you feel better soon
    Cath
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    Ooooh ouch. You have my sympathy Tracy. Its a real b****r when hands are that painful. I hope its a flair that will ease off soon and allow you to do SOMETHING without hurting.

Its so difficult to make people understand that hands can hurt so much and how disabling it is.

(((Hugs)))
  • traluvie
    Options
    Cath.. i couldn't agree more lol.. it has to get to us one way or another...
    Thanks for your kind words..xxx

Faye.. I never realised how much we rely on our hands untill i started having symptoms.. now i am learning to adapt.. my teeth are my new hands lol...
    Thanks for the much needed hugs, can you click my back at the same time lol...xxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tracy
    I am sorry you are suffering with your hands, its surprising what we can do when we try....good job you have your own teeth :smile:
    You take care
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Tracy,
    I do hope your hand feels a lot better by tomorrow. It is a nightmare when they flare up so. It makes you realise how venerable we are to Arthurs whims. I think we do very well on one handed days all things considered. But oh so frustrating and painful.

Well done at getting the bedding sorted.
    Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello traluvie, I hope things are easier today and that you managed to have some rest. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello traluvie, I hope things are easier today and that you managed to have some rest. DD

Thanks DD...
    Unfortunately i'm not too good today.. The pain in my hands is awful.. my ankles are suffering too.. i have been ordered to stay in bed.. i am actually listenin so i know i must be bad.. tryin to occupy my mind at the moment ... try and forget the pain for a while.. :sad:
    Am now watching fantastic mr fox with my son.. hopefully be some amusement...xxxxx