Christian Voice

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 30. Jan 2011, 06:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
Ye Gods!
No blaspheming intended.
It's right out of the dark age.

I stopped going to church because my Priest used to beat me and humiliate me- because my brothers and sister were naughty.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yesterday I read an article about him, his 'religion' and the breakdown of his marriage - I only read his wife's account of life with him and the word 'bully' sprang to mind. As I read on however, I began to wonder whether the man is mentally ill in some way - that may be a reason for his behaviour but not an excuse.

On similar lines, what about that daft ex RAF man who signed away his house to some potty woman who claims to be able to help you live your life to the full, but, oddly enough, only after you have given her everything you own? The gullibility of some humans never fails to amaze, and amuse. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes DD the human form can be gullible and stupid. Those that are, are usually very vulnerable or lonely.
    This man is mad, bad or both and we should not be confused, his values are not Christian values. Regardless - whether you have a religion or not whether you believe or don't believe, whether you are rich or poor - it doesn't cost a thing to be kind and caring.