Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Horrible feeling in elbow???

traluvietraluvie Posts: 2,579
edited 3. Feb 2011, 16:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
As most of you know i am fairly new here and am still waiting a diagnosis..

Ihave had a bad few days with my hands and ankles..

This morning my hand was alot better am now able to use it, but i have strange pain/achyness in my elbow.. i say elbow but it is on inside of my arm/elbow... i do sometimes experience pain there but it comes and goes.. this has been constant now for few hrs..

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this??

Tracy
xxxxx
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

  • ironicironic Posts: 2,386
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tracy,
    I have had this on and off for a while. I think it was from tendonitis in my shoulder which started in my upper arm!!!!
    Since starting on MTX and full daily dose of diclo it has eased off. It seem more confined to the shoulder/arm but only when I do certain movements. i.e. putting coat on.
    Difficult for you as you are still awaiting results. Sorry I cannot remember if you have been given any anti-inflammatory meds.
    Hope it goes soon,
    Lv, Ix
  • traluvietraluvie Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Ironic..

    I am on diclofenac, tramadol and i had steroid injection 22nd dec..
    It's kind of a real heavy achyness at mo the kind i feel in my other joints.. the pain i am getting there is the same i get in my hands/wrists, shoulders and ankles... which made me think it was all related..
    I'm no doctor though lol....
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • ironicironic Posts: 2,386
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tracy,
    That’s the problem isn’t it the inflammation travels about and if it is in the same side as your hand I would think it is related. As you say we are not medics but I do think that swelling traps the nerves and tendons.
    It is very painful and difficult not to aggravate as you are always using the elbow. Try not to lean on that elbow. (I tend to slouch to one side when in the arm chair) I have found that makes it worse.
    Ix
  • artyarty Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Tracy,
    That’s the problem isn’t it the inflammation travels about and if it is in the same side as your hand I would think it is related. As you say we are not medics but I do think that swelling traps the nerves and tendons.
    It is very painful and difficult not to aggravate as you are always using the elbow. Try not to lean on that elbow. (I tend to slouch to one side when in the arm chair) I have found that makes it worse.
    Ix

    I have elbow problems too in that they don't straighten until about 3 in the afternoon....yeah I keep leaning on them too, hard habit to get out of.

    Did find that frozen peas and hot water bottles [not at same time lol] helps.
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • StarburstStarburst Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have this. It's tendonitis and very painful. Ice helps, if you can bear it!

    (Sorry this is brief, my typing hand is a tad tender today.)

    Take care. xx
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    If it feels similar to the other aches you have then it could be related to your possible RA (yet to be diagnosed). Starburst seems very confident that she knows what it is, but as I don't 'know' you or your medical history I wouldn't hazard a guess. If it persists go and see your GP - and add its details to your diary of symptoms. Arthritis does like to affect new joints, but it could also be something very simple as sleeping awkwardly on your arm or somesuch, which has triggered a pain which will sort itself out. We are sometimes between a rock and a hard place - is this something to do with the arthritis, or have I just done summat daft - that is the question! I hope it is easier today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvietraluvie Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Starburst wrote:
    I have this. It's tendonitis and very painful. Ice helps, if you can bear it!

    (Sorry this is brief, my typing hand is a tad tender today.)

    Take care. xx
    You took the time to write. For that I am grateful. Hope you feel better soon. X x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tracy

    I posted yesterday and it didnt get through - must have clashed with someone again!!!

    Just wanted to offer my support and say I hope they diagnose you very very soon so you can get treated. This time while you are in limbo makes us so very very anxious.

    Love and hugs

    toni xx
    Love

    Toni xxx
  • traluvietraluvie Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    If it feels similar to the other aches you have then it could be related to your possible RA (yet to be diagnosed). Starburst seems very confident that she knows what it is, but as I don't 'know' you or your medical history I wouldn't hazard a guess. If it persists go and see your GP - and add its details to your diary of symptoms. Arthritis does like to affect new joints, but it could also be something very simple as sleeping awkwardly on your arm or somesuch, which has triggered a pain which will sort itself out. We are sometimes between a rock and a hard place - is this something to do with the arthritis, or have I just done summat daft - that is the question! I hope it is easier today. DD

    It comes and goes with my other joint pains.. i'm just noticing it a bit more.. my ankles were like that along with my shoulders hands etc.. was having a few twinges and gradually over time it has just progressed so i am expecting it to flare up more so now... you never know i may be surprised...
    I have to try and sleep flat on my back as it hurts to sleep on my side because of shoulders and neck.. although i often wake up on my side lol..
    It is easier today thanks.. attacking me elsewhere today.. giving my elbows a rest lol..
    Hope you are ok as ok can be too DD
    Take care
    Tracy
    xxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • StarburstStarburst Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    If it feels similar to the other aches you have then it could be related to your possible RA (yet to be diagnosed). Starburst seems very confident that she knows what it is, but as I don't 'know' you or your medical history I wouldn't hazard a guess. If it persists go and see your GP - and add its details to your diary of symptoms. Arthritis does like to affect new joints, but it could also be something very simple as sleeping awkwardly on your arm or somesuch, which has triggered a pain which will sort itself out. We are sometimes between a rock and a hard place - is this something to do with the arthritis, or have I just done summat daft - that is the question! I hope it is easier today. DD

    Oh no no no, I didn't mean that at all! I meant I have tendonitis. I just was typing briefly and quickly. I certainly would never even attempt to diagnose anyone. I do find ice good for my elbows and around my elbows though.

    Hope you are ok Tracy. Hang in there! xx
  • katknappkatknapp Posts: 709
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tracy,
    I have inflammatory arthritis,i have had a provisional diagnosis of spondiloarthritis,but i too seem to have similar pain to you,it seems to move around i have had it in my elbows and also upper arms and it seems to come and go,i always feel like a hypochondriac as one minute its in my ankles then sometimes an hour later its in my knees or hands and sometimes it stays put for a few days in one area!!at the moment all i do is pop the painkillers and bundle myself up in a fleecy blanket as im not sure really what else im supposed to do,i think theres a few of us on here at the start of this journey so we will have to compare notes as we got new information lol

    cathyxxx


    chocolate and wine are also very good for the pain :wink:
Sign In or Register to comment.