It's been a bit rubbish but I'm back ...

arty
arty Member Posts: 51
edited 4. Feb 2011, 15:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I haven't been a member long but ive not posted for a few weeks as my RA has been err rubbish, fingers really sore so typing hurts and elbows won't straighten out so I look like a lego person! [without the wig] You wanna see me trying to wash my hair! ok, you dont :lol: no matter how high I lift my arms my hands are inches away from my head. grrrr

Had a steroid shot last wk and Meths gone up to 20 again...hate hate hate it :cry: Humira doesn't seem to be doing much at all.

Its been a pretty RUBBISH yr all round as my daugher was diagnosed with endrometriosis [spell?] and my son had a bad accident last April, we learnt last week that he still has large operations ahead at Liverpool to save his leg and then a halo/cage will be put on for about 6 mths. Poor kid.

Can't believe what a bad time we are having but we are a strong family unit with a sense of humour so we will get through it all.

Just thought I would let you know that I haven't jumped ship! Hope you are all ok as can be and if your waiting for treatment, I hope it starts soon and more so it works! Stay positive.

Just off for a nosey round the forum now but drop by and say hello :smile:
Arty :)
Hope today is a good day for you

Comments

  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Nice to meet you Arty and sorry to hear that you and your family have been unwell - good luck and good health to you all.

    Cath
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Arty, what a year for you!!! I am glad that you have a strong family, good support makes all the difference. I hope the coming months bring good times and improvement for you all.

    Take care
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Did a lovely reply, I guess its posting clashed with suzy's and it's voddng sanished. Being on a downward trajectory myself I cannot be ***** to type it all again so briefly: hard luck on the boy, hopefully benefits will outweigh inconveniences beforehand, poor girl, like us with a condition that no-one can really do anything about, also on humira/meth combo and not a fully-satisfied customer, six-eight goodish days out of fourteen is not really good enough but I guess it's better than none. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Arty...

    Sorry to hear things have been so bad..
    I too have endometriosis... so i can empathise with your daughter there..
    It's great that you have a loving and supportive network of family..
    Hope your son gets better soon..
    Sounds like you could do with a break or a nice relaxing day or too.. you deffinately deserve it..

    Take care and i hope things brighten up for you..
    Tracy
    xxxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    caterina57 wrote:
    Nice to meet you Arty and sorry to hear that you and your family have been unwell - good luck and good health to you all.

    Cath

    Nice to meet you toooo Cath :)

    Thanks for the well wishes, they mean allot to me. Lets hope my next post will be a happier one. Hate writing about my rubbish
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    suzygirl wrote:
    Hi Arty, what a year for you!!! I am glad that you have a strong family, good support makes all the difference. I hope the coming months bring good times and improvement for you all.

    Take care

    Good support makes a huge difference, I agree. Thanks for your sweet reply. It means allot to me.
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Did a lovely reply, I guess its posting clashed with suzy's and it's voddng sanished. Being on a downward trajectory myself I cannot be ***** to type it all again so briefly: hard luck on the boy, hopefully benefits will outweigh inconveniences beforehand, poor girl, like us with a condition that no-one can really do anything about, also on humira/meth combo and not a fully-satisfied customer, six-eight goodish days out of fourteen is not really good enough but I guess it's better than none. DD


    Same happened here! :???: had to log in again?!

    Try again in short......many thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Son will be ok in the end, ok leg isn't pretty and he will have a limp but it will work. Hes been a star and never complained once.

    Daughter...shame poor girl, the consultant was an **se and surgeon refused to operate giving her advice and is now looking after her himself in his clinic, so fingers X the prescription will work.

    How did the Humira start with you? It did work for 2 mths for me then zero :sad: Dam Arthur hey?

    Will pm you later :smile: Take care
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi arty

    just want to say hello and to send you and your family the very best wishes- it makes a world of difference to have a close family for support and that all important sense of humour!

    hope all goes well

    Katie x
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    traluvie wrote:
    Hi Arty...

    Sorry to hear things have been so bad..
    I too have endometriosis... so i can empathise with your daughter there..
    It's great that you have a loving and supportive network of family..
    Hope your son gets better soon..
    Sounds like you could do with a break or a nice relaxing day or too.. you deffinately deserve it..

    Take care and i hope things brighten up for you..
    Tracy
    xxxxx

    Hi Tracy,

    Thanks for your reply. I can never spell endometriosis right. My daughter is 24 and was diagnosed last yr but her GP has been saying since she was 16 she had IBS. Have you had it long?

    A relaxing day sounds lovely and think I will take your advice and get away for a weekend.

    You take care too and hope to have a more light hearted post soon

    x
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    katie5 wrote:
    Hi arty

    just want to say hello and to send you and your family the very best wishes- it makes a world of difference to have a close family for support and that all important sense of humour!

    hope all goes well

    Katie x

    Hi Katie,

    Hellooo to you tooooo. Humour is the best medicine, good job we have plenty in our family. Thanks for the supportive words :smile: We will find out soon when my sons 1st op is, of which is the biggest one, I will update how he is going afterwards.

    Hope your as well as can be x
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi arty, right humira, has it worked? I suppose I have to grudgingly (and very grudgingly) say yes, but not as I expected, wanted or was told. Sound familiar? My inflammatory markers were reduced to single figures by the second or third injection, and have stayed there. Ergo success. Have I dropped any of the other meds as I was promised? Yes, the anti-inflammatory, as there is no inflammation recorded. Ergo success.
    Have the pain levels reduced? No.
    Do I still flare? Yes.
    Am I still taking the steroids? For this year, yes, tho reducing throughout 2011 (those phackers work, but at some cost to the rest of me, so I want off them).
    Have I reduced the level of pain dullers? No.
    Increased the level? Yes.
    Have I ditched the sticks? No.

    If those who make humira were to send me a questionnaire which ended with 'Overall, how would you rate your satisfaction with the performance of this drug?' I would give it a 4 out of 10 at the start of the humira fortnight and a 2 by the end. It is too little, too late for me but I think I am generous to realise that life would be considerably worse without it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Arty, just wanted to say hello and hope that you and the kids are doing ok today..

    Be well...

    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 26,675
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Arty

    Good to see you back :smile:

    what a time you have had in your family!!!

    I do hope your daughter will be ok now and the treatment works for her. My daughter has just been told she has ibs and she is 16 next month :shock:

    As for your son - he will be ok with that attitude - it's what keeps you going for definite.

    How nice of you to spare thoughts for all of us with all you have going on :grin:

    Hope the meth inc does something :roll:

    LOve

    Toni xx
    Love

    Toni xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,386
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Arty,
    Nice to see you posting again, although I am sorry you and yours are having such a bad time of it.
    Has the steroid jab worked at all by now?
    I hope to see you around soon when hopefully your elbows become a little less aggravated. Everything crossed for you and your family.
    Lv, Ix
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Hi Arty, just wanted to say hello and hope that you and the kids are doing ok today..

    Be well...

    :grin:

    Thanks Tony,

    Support much appreciated

    'hi' btw :smile:
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Arty

    Good to see you back :smile:

    what a time you have had in your family!!!

    I do hope your daughter will be ok now and the treatment works for her. My daughter has just been told she has ibs and she is 16 next month :shock:

    As for your son - he will be ok with that attitude - it's what keeps you going for definite.

    How nice of you to spare thoughts for all of us with all you have going on :grin:

    Hope the meth inc does something :roll:

    LOve

    Toni xx


    Cheers :smile: Thanx for the welcome back. Keep an close eye on your daughter, chances are it is IBS but don't let them fob you off as there are tests. Yeah, my son has a exc attitude which has made a big difference to his treatment & care, thank you.

    Meth is helping somewhat or it could be the steroid shot, im not sure yet. Im working in the studio again though and dont have to watch TV all morning before getting ready.
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Arty,
    Nice to see you posting again, although I am sorry you and yours are having such a bad time of it.
    Has the steroid jab worked at all by now?
    I hope to see you around soon when hopefully your elbows become a little less aggravated. Everything crossed for you and your family.
    Lv, Ix

    Hi :smile:

    Never rains hey!
    Steroid has worked for sure, instead of me waiting until lunch time to have a shower and get ready im in and out by about 10.30 so thats brill. I like me jim jams but not that much lol

    Elbows a bit better thanks but left one seems intent on staying bent?!

    Hope your doing ok and hope to chat on the forums sometime

    x
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,142
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Arty sorry it looks like I have missed this post I am sorry. :oops:
    Sometimes I start to answer a post and get distracted and have to log out . (is that a good excuse :lol: , I listen to my husband telling me the excuses his sttaff give for not turning up)
    Any way, Yes you have had a bad few months and now I hope that things start to get a whole lot better , for you, your son and your daughter.
    You all seem to have a lot of determination and this helps.
    wishing you well
    juliepf x
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi Arty sorry it looks like I have missed this post I am sorry. :oops:
    Sometimes I start to answer a post and get distracted and have to log out . (is that a good excuse :lol: , I listen to my husband telling me the excuses his sttaff give for not turning up)
    Any way, Yes you have had a bad few months and now I hope that things start to get a whole lot better , for you, your son and your daughter.
    You all seem to have a lot of determination and this helps.
    wishing you well
    juliepf x

    Hiya Julie
    Thanks for the reply, no need to apologise at all, we all have busy lives in 1 way or the other.
    [talk about excuses, when I worked for someone a good few yrs ago now I turned up late once!..my excuse was: I was chatting to DAVID BOWIE on the phone!! I was really, but think for a while he thought I was pulling his leg lol]

    Yeah were a close family and with humour and fight we will be fine im sure. Just wish we could have a bit of time off from it all but looks like this yr is out. :|

    Catch you on the forums I hope.

    Take care and keep smiling x
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Wow Arty - chatting to David Bowie! have you still got his number :lol:

    hope you and the family are doing ok.

    Katie x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 26,675
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Arty

    I will keep a close eye on my daughter bless her I promise she has had an ultrasounds so far.

    So good to hear you are back in the studio - well done for that.

    Love

    Toni xx
    Love

    Toni xxx
  • arty
    arty Member Posts: 51
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    katie5 wrote:
    Wow Arty - chatting to David Bowie! have you still got his number :lol:

    hope you and the family are doing ok.

    Katie x

    I wish! lol
    Arty :)
    Hope today is a good day for you