Decision time?

Options
Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
edited 1. Feb 2011, 12:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, hope is well as can be?
I had an emergency Rgeumatology appt yesterday, as my knee is enormously swollen as are my fingers, right thumb and toes. I've been on Metho and Sulfa a year in March since PA was diagnosed but my inflammation levels are very high, to my shame I honestly cannot remember all the details (went on my own using a crutch that was fun!) but I have been told that I am to choose between Enbrel and Humira (subject to various tests) as well as Metho though I think I am dropping Sulfa and I just wondered if you good people would let me know what you think of these Anti TNF's as I have no idea which one to go for.
Thanks everyone, I go back on 13/03/11 so have until then to decide.
All the best Poppy X
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    Sorry I cant help with the meds, but I do wish you well with whatever you decide.
    I do hope you get some relief very soon.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Really sorry Poppy, can't advise either but wanted to wish you all the best whichever you decide on.. I know there are certainly a few on here on those types of drugs, I am sure some knowladgable soul will be along at some point....

Be well hun

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You know my thoughts - I am still on the meth and the sulph too, the meth supports the humira and the sulph keeps the P at bay (for me, anyway). I'm curious - how big is your knee? Please measure the girth - I wanna know! :smile: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Enbrel is weekly injection and Humira fortnightly. So I went for the latter. However I would ask if they recommend either of these. From memory Enbrel seems to be better for PA but I may be incorrect here.
    As long as one of them works that is all you want really, so good luck and don't fret too much.
    Humira has worked wonderfully for me.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi poppy
    can't advise you on the meds, just want to say I wish you luck with whichever path you take.
    juliepf x
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Hi Julie,Elizabeth,DD,Tony and Barbara,
    Thanks for your support and advice I do appreciate it.
    DD finally found my measuring tape which should have been in a 'safe place' my knee is 38cm the other one is 33cm, I should have measured it when it ballooned as it's gone down significantly, I'm quite small (5ft) and small boned so it prob looked worse than it was. Just relieved it's gone down and also that I have the luxury of taking painkillers during the day and going off to bed to rest...couldn't do that when I was Childminding!
    Thanks again all, Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    On a delicate little thing like you that is going to look big and I know how uncomfortable these things are. You do, however, have a long, long way to go to beat my record - and I sincerely hope you never, ever do - I am very proud/protective of it! Rest well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Hi poppy
    Sorry you are struggling at the moment, cant give you any meds advice cos I dont take any that you mentioned but, can give you a hug and hope that you feel better soon

Cath
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Thanks Cath, hugs much appreciated at the moment...
    Hope you are as well as you can be Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'