Occy Health update

Options
traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
Hi all ...

As most of you know i have been having various meetings at work and with occy health as i am currently off sick awaiting a diagnosis..
Today i had a meeting with occy health..
She said by looking at me she could tell i was unfit for work.. charming lol.
I spoke about how i have been, the fact i'm getting worse and not better, and then she offered me counselling.. although i appreciated teh offer i am not depressed just a bit fed up that i am 31 and i feel 91 although i am sure some 91 yr olds could get around better than me at the moment lol..I mentioned that i have joined this forum and that i have met a great group of people who have helped me alot..
She also said that i should maybe think about leaving work voluntary.. i said i was not making any decisions untill i had a diagnosis.. i am not being pushed out...
I am due to see her again early march, hopefully will know a bit more next time..
Hope everyone is as ok as ok can be..

Tracy
xxxx
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tracy
    Stay strong, How long do you think you will be before you have a diagnosis?

Cath
  • traluvie
    Options
    caterina57 wrote:
    Hi Tracy
    Stay strong, How long do you think you will be before you have a diagnosis?

Cath

I am waiting for my bone scan results... i'm stalking the post lady lol.. my consultant normally writes to me regarding my results .. well i hope so as i am not due to see him again till the 14 th april.. seems ages away..
    It's a waiting game...xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Stay strong dont let them push you out
    They have a duty under the Equality act Oct 2010 to make reasonable adjustments in the work place & Occy Health should know that
    Have you got a union? If so get them involved ASAP
    Good luck
    Maria x
  • traluvie
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi
    Stay strong dont let them push you out
    They have a duty under the Equality act Oct 2010 to make reasonable adjustments in the work place & Occy Health should know that
    Have you got a union? If so get them involved ASAP
    Good luck
    Maria x

Hi Maria,
    Thanks for your reply...
    yes i have my union with me working along side me so to speak lol..
    Its hard with my job to make adjustements..i'm a hospital housekeeper so it's a demanding physical job so it's hard to have light adjustments.. i can do lighter work but this is only allowed on a temporary basis??
    Will keep you posted..
    xxxx
  • yaris
    yaris Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Don't ever leave let them I'll health retire you I went to see occy health he told me if I can't do my job find one I can I told him why would I do that he said he didn't mean it that way Right
  • niecee
    niecee Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi There

OHS is only a recommendation for employers. They are expected to make reasonable adjustment to support someone with a disability. The issue i have with that is what will an employer say is reasonable?

My employer provided automated doors for me but then moved me to another office. Im now having murders getting automated doors and hand rails on the stairs on both sides.

Instead of allowing me to be independent its feels like they want me to be reliant on people putting buddies in place when i don't need them.

This government says people with health conditions /disabilities should go to work but they themselves cause the barriers. Ok i will stop now because it makes me mad and i will rant all day lol

Don't let them push you out "voluntarily" if the cant accommodate you then let them medically retire you. Grrrrrrr! :x

xxx