hip/knee

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
hi was wondering if you have some information for me suffer from inflimation arther hands and feet been getting lot of pain in hip and knees had xray done hips showing ok but knees showing calsium deposits which doc says is consistant with inflimation going on for long period of time why does hip give me so much trouble when sit on certain types of chair they so painfull have to get up is it all from knees how can this be???? any one had this kind of problem got any tips please val
val

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Val

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time. When you have pain on certain types of chair are they fairly low, by that I mean does your bottom end up being lower than your knees when you sit down? If so it may be a good idea to make sure that you sit on chairs that are high enough to allow your hip to be at the same level as your knees or higher. You may also be getting what is called referred pain from your knees.

I'm sure that if you post this query on the Living with Arthritis Forum others may offer some other explanations based on their experiences.

If you need to talk to us please give us a call.

Best wishes

Simona
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thanks have done they usually quite good
    val