New pain

Options
gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
edited 8. Feb 2011, 06:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Don't know if any of you remember but my right hip is deformed and dislocates regularly.
Last night it dislocated for a while and eventually went in, it ached this morning as I expected but now it feels weird and the pain is in my bum not my hip! This is weird for me and meant I couldn't sit for my meeting!!! Lol!
Any ideas?

Thanks
Gx

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gemma
    Sorry to hear that your hip dislocated last night and that you have a new pain. Given that the hip went back in on its own without any medical intervention it could be that its not got quite back to where it should be. I would advise you to get it checked out properly to prevent any longer term problems.
    Cath
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Gemma
    I am so sorry to hear this, I know how awful hip pain can be, but dislocation must be awful.
    I have only just started with the pain down my leg and bum, I put it down to trapping the sciatic nerve, so I have been using ice, I know physios use this to take the swelling down.
    To be honest I would much rather use heat.... let us no how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Gemma,

You didn't need that for sure. I agree you would be best getting it checked out and it does sound like a nerve has been trapped or pinched. they might be able to help please get it checked out. Cris x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Gemma

Like Cris I wonder if, when your hip "went back in" something has got trapped. Sounds as if it needs investigating.

Hope this "new pain" goes soon.

Love Tilly xxx