Itchy red spots down both arms

Options
theresa4
theresa4 Member Posts: 696
edited 14. Feb 2011, 03:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Is anyone out there on anti TNF having his problem I'm a bit concerned As I have just restarted cimzia after a long break duE to illness but I started getting itchy now I have blotchy red spots down both arms. Can't think of anything else already looked at food, washing powder etc but nothin changed there. Oh boy just another thing to discuss with gp tomorrow
Hope all is well out there
Theresa :eek:
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Theresa

I didn't have this on anti-tnfs but it does sound as if it could be an allergy to somethiing doesn't it? Have you thought about asking the pharmacist for advice? It might be that he recommends an anti-histamine tablet. If he does, and it works, it would give the GP a bit more of a clue as to what is going on when you see him tomorrow.

Good luck!

Tilly xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Theresa

I looked up the side effects of Cimzia and it says immune reactions including a lupus-like syndrome. Symptoms include shortness of breath, joint pain, or a rash on the cheeks or arms that worsens with sun exposure. Also itching. Perhaps this is what you are unfortunately experiencing.It also said these symptoms should be reported to your gp, which makes sense. That is probably the most sensible thing to do.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI & sorry to read you're itching - I know that feeling only too well!

I can only echo what Elna has already put.

as I am on Infliximab I can't say about your drug specifically, but I have been told to report anything, however unusual or mild, so that they (in my case 'they' are the rheumatology team) can decide whether the symptom is something to worry about or not.

good luck!

WONky
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Theresa.

Hope it went well at the GP today and that the he was able to suggest somethiing to help the itchy rash.

Love Tilly xxx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi Theresa, I started Cimzia about 11 days ago and have just come up an itchy rash on my leg and stomach. I thought the cat had fleas so combed her but no flea dirt. Let me know how you get on please!
    Do hope you are ok.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I've had a small red rash or pimples down my arms for about 4-5 years now, gp didn't know what they are, someone suggested it is the OA in my shoulders and the bodies reaction against it, but no concrete knowledge either way.
    8) Its a grin, honest!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope you went to the doctor and he was able to advise you as to what the rash was. I had a rash when on tablet meth but so far with everything else my skin has been fine - one just does not know with these things, it is a real puzzle sometimes! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben