Hip and Back arthritis

constable
constable Member Posts: 2,115
I have been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my hip with arthritis in lower back, I am waitiing for an appointment for a hip replacement.
Can you help me, I have bruising at the end of every day, around the bottom area, also I am continually, it feels like I am pulling muscles in that area and in the whole leg, of the affected hip. Is this normal for arthritis.

Thank you
Karen xx

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,706
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    constable wrote:
    I have been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my hip with arthritis in lower back, I am waitiing for an appointment for a hip replacement.
    Can you help me, I have bruising at the end of every day, around the bottom area, also I am continually, it feels like I am pulling muscles in that area and in the whole leg, of the affected hip. Is this normal for arthritis.

Thank you

Dear Constable

Thank you for your posting. It is always very important to check out with your doctor any symptoms that you are having. Arthritis symptoms can vary over time and from person to person so you need to receive a proper diagnosis of these symptoms from a health professional as you are worried about them. If you click on the link http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis_information/arthritis_surgeries/hip_surgery.aspx this will lead you to information about hip replacements that may be useful to you. You can also call us here on the helpline if you would like to talk through your concerns. I hope that this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn