Side of hand

Options
ironic
ironic Member Posts: 2,361
edited 20. Feb 2011, 18:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello folks,
Firstly may I apologise for not being around as much. My laptop is still down and to be honest I have been shattered.
I was just wondering if anyone has Arthur pain in the side of their hand. I thought that Arthur had visited most areas of my mitts at some time or another but this is a new one on me.
The pain is between the last joint of the little finger and the first crease of the hand. I cope alright during the day when I keep moving but when I have my teatime nap or go to bed it starts to really bite within a very short time. Anti-inflammatory gels help but this one just seems odd.
Anyone seen me humph?
Lv, Ix

k050.gif

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ironic

I don't have this, but sounds grotty :sad:

I had a funny pain in almost the palm of my hand a while back, but my MIL (fibro and OA) gets 'trigger finger which sort of pulls her fingers and hurts a bit similar to what you describe?

Bet that was no help at all :oops: :lol:

I hope it goes away for you soon.

Love

toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Ironic

Yes, I get this quite a lot when my hands are complaining. Like you say it's a bid odd I guess cos it's not really a "joint" but I guess it is just referred pain from either the fingers or the wrists. Do hope it improves for you soon.

Love Tilly xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, ironic, if it's not one thing it's another sometimes, yes? I think I am with tillytop on this one, if your hands are affecterd then referred pain seems the likely culprit to me. I have no bright ideas about remedies tho. Sorry. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    As for your humph.....I think I saw it whizzing down the M6 on the back of a motorbike earlier today (mine was in the sidecar) - it'll be back when it's hungry flower! :wink::grin::grin:

Hi Lynn,
    I was hoping you weren’t going to say that as it means they are off to a Rave and will come back bedraggled and with a bad attitude. :lol::lol:

I think you may be right about it being a tendon problem but as long as I keep it moving it’s more or less ok. The” odd” thing is as soon as I stop moving it goes into pain mode. :roll:

I hope you are still getting the benefits from going on the mtx injections.

Hi Toni, Tilly and DD.
    I think it must be more tendon or inflammation as it started in between the joints. It can spread as Lynn has said further down to the wrist and up the little finger. My left hand is the worst one and I have got problems with a couple of fingers anyway. As you say it is probably referred pain from them. Oh Toni the palm one is painful I had that it was like having a spike through your palm.
    My appointment is early April so I will keep a record and see what they can do about it.
    Lv, Ix
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry I cant help , I do hope you get some answers soon, half the battle is knowing whats going on.
    Good luck
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi I,

Sorry only just seen this so late here.

get something like that as well as swelling they say is fluid from half way down the outside to the wrist and they say its the pa. Its sore more than painful but that's cus of the fact we have so much pain we kinda get used to it i guess?

Hopefully it will ease up for you and mine is differently worse the more I have used the hands.

I sometimes strap them up and that helps to shut it up a bit but usually only rest will help.

Hope that PC is sorted for you soon flower and Sid seems hell bent on a dinner invite again :roll: (((((( )))))) and hopes Cris xx