siblings

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 21. Feb 2011, 02:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
ok how many of you out there have brothers or sisters with arther ??? have they been diagnosed with same one as you ?? val
val

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I just have a twin sister, she has suffered back problems for years, but 5 years ago eventually had xrays which discovered that she has mild spina bifida, two vertebrae fused, and at some point as also broken her back!- which has mended itself. All the problems are in the same area but no arthur ----yet!
    Cath
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    No, my sister who is five years older than me hasn't got a single ache or pain anywhere :roll:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers, none suffer from any kind of arthritis, although my mum has it but it doesnt seem to cause her many problems.
    Seamonkey
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    The OA bits yes my Sis and my bro (sis ankles and bro neck)

Mum had it too.

BUT the inflamatory stuff i am the only one and I hope it STAYS that way.

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thanks all me to hoping his bloods come back clear would not wish this on any one
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Interesting question Val. I have 3 brothers and a Sister and none of them have any health issues, although my sister had more aches and pains growing up.She always had painful wrists and fingers and was always complaining.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Rictina
    Rictina Member Posts: 95
    Options
    My half brother is in his 20's & is suffering with his knees, so yes is that answer for me. :smile:
    Live the dream not dream the life.

sfsf.jpg
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Younger sister has it...but worse than me. Has it in here knees, thumb .
    Different areas to me and she has her before me but parents donot have it??? Strange...or not..
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    My bruv has no arthritis. He has had the odd back problem but always quickly sorted with chiro. Just as well because gardening is his bread and butter.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    My sister has Lupus (a form of arthritis) but our three brothers are fine.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    My sister who's younger than me by a year has RA just like me - she was diagnosed when she was about 16 unlike me, who was diagnosed a couple of years ago.

We have an older brother, 8 years older than me, who is perfectly healthy (touch wood). He's one of those annoying people who never get ill - I was one of those once :sad:

Nxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My youngest brother has OA.....the rest of my family are no longer with us...but none of them suffered it.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I have a brother who is perfectly ok (thankgoodness). I was the first in the family of dads side to get RA. Then a couple of years ago I learnt that my dads sister and her daughter have developed RA.
    My dad has OA,

Juliepf x
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    mum and dad have RA and OA, brother has dodgy knees and im sure he has the starts of OA in a couple of finger joints,
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I do not have siblings so no problem on that front. I do have many cousins and they are all revoltingly healthy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

My kid brother has bone trouble but technically not arthritis though he has had to have replacements and does have the inflammatory ones as a possibility most the time. My other siblings done have bone stuff but we do all have other things.

I think it really is just the luck of the draw flower. Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I do not have siblings so no problem on that front. I do have many cousins and they are all revoltingly healthy. DD

PAH!!!!!!