supermarket clash

Options
katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 20. Feb 2011, 11:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
@ses!!

sorry rant over,just seemed like everyone was blocking aisles to have a natter today

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hee hee hee, I have a mental picture of the event
    Cath
  • katknapp
    Options
    ohhh i tell you it was handbags!!!

i wouldnt have minded if they had apoligised and moved out the way but no they thought they had every right to stand there blocking the way for everyone oooo im still annoyed lol
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    There seems to be smoke coming out of this thread....

is it Kat seething??

:shock:
  • katknapp
    Options
    i think flames frogmorton lol, we all do it ,stop to grab something off a shelf but its a real pet hate of mine when you cant get down an aisle because theres a group of people who have decided to have a tea party there...i really wish i hadnt stopped and had rammed her lol
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    Thank God I am not the only one here who rants about the idiots out there :smile: You should see the looks I get when I eventually get to park in a disabled bay in my beat up old blue banger with a bright red drivers door. :evil but I now just place my bue badge on my dashboard,and leave my car in its correct designated bay and don't say a word :smile: Like I did today,was a huge 4x4 behind me only 1 bay left,I bagged it,because my car is what it is,the people in the 4x4 thought I was just taking up parking space and I knew they were just about to say something.I know that being disabled is a bitch to all concerned,but at the same time not all of us disabled are driving around in big posh cars :green Mirabella
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    my dear friend katknapp how i love reading your threads!

you've just put a big smile on my face - i've been really low and bad flare up today so thank you. sorry for laughing at your distress though bit mean of me!

I hate supermarkets i get all stressed and panicky as i struggle with the trolley and struggle trying to unpack and struggle packing bags, just a nightmare. my pet hate is when someone stands right next to me when i'm trying to pay - one guy was so close i turned to him and asked if he was paying!! talk about in my personal space :x

Katie x
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Katie, your tale reminds me of my friend who was on her way to the supermarket and the car behind her was really close - too close- as they Qued to get in the car park she got out of her car opened the boot and asked the bloke in the car if he wanted to get in..... The bloke was really embarrased when all the shoppers fell about laughing.
    Cath
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Blimey, you lot could give Mel and Rehab a run for their money!

Me and my 7 year old braved Asda this morning (I do it at that time because it fits in very nicely in between the girls' ballet lessons which are just next door). It's very handy being bilingual - when we come across any inconsiderate fellow shoppers, I merely say a few choice words to Jassie in Punjabi and we both have a bit of a giggle.

The main problem I have is keeping her from getting decapitated by people who just don't LOOK where they're going and have things shoved into their trolleys at dangerous angles - like mop handles! Jassie's not tall like her older sisters, unfortunately, she's a bit of a short @rse like her mum and is very much "elbow" height.

Nxx
  • katknapp
    Options
    Haha ive started something now lol we should call this thread supermarket woes :grin:

Nina i know what you mean about protecting your child,my katie is 4 but tiny and i have to watch her because some people just zoom around without looking and im terrified she will get hit although i also hate kids tearing round supermarkets like they are playgrounds,we often get that where i work parents look at the washing machines and leave their kids to wreak havoc in the rest of the shop drives me mad i often round them up and take them back to the parents,with some sarcastic comment lol

Katie im glad you enjoy my posts its nice to have someone share my sense of humour lolx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    was trying to get in frozen food shop yesterday an old dear and her oh (him in scooter) stopped right inside door so she could sort there bags out no one could get in or out lol she eventually told him to move over to side but guess what every where i wanted to go there they were had to leave in end before put the scooter some where sun does not shine if i get like that shoot me please val
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I found the secret of Supermarket Success some time ago, which really works well especially if you have 24 hour opening.

For instance, out of 20 Disabled bays which are normally full, complete with a long queue, only one car was parked in there when I arrived this week. Take your choice of where to park, lots of space. No Blue Badge, no problem. About 30 cars on a car park that holds 500. Plus plenty of empty trolleys ready for you to choose.

I am more likely to run over a shelf stacker than another shopper. I abandon my trolley in the main aisle, wonder around the virtually empty side aisles to return and find it still unmoved and ignored. Anything that you want not on the shelf, ask a shelf stacker, as they normally have all the fresh stuff waiting on pallets or are just putting it on the shelves.

The secret of my success, do weekly shopping at 9pm on a Thursday evening. 8pm is far too busy as there are often up to 4 cars parked in the Disabled bays and a few shoppers actually wandering around the store. If you don't absolutely need to be shopping at a certain time when it is really busy, don't go at that time. Ask customer services, "When is it quieter?" They will tell you which day and time is best.

Not suitable for everyone with a tired toddler, work, etc. I would agree, but why turn up on a Saturday with all the crush and hassle if you don't have to? If you do, then choose a meal time, 12.30 or 5pm, as people can't eat and shop at the same time.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i totally agree with you joseph

i did my xmas food shop at 4am christmas eve morning. couldnt sleep so thought what the heck and just went, one of the staff saw me limp in, grabbed a trolley and wondered around with me. grabbin all the high and low stuff off the shelf. was pleased to help and we enjoyed a chat on the way round. i sometimes go late at night or early morning now as its so quiet and plesant.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Great thread this one!!

Still smiling as l reply :grin:

Nina...our as*a is right by the community centre too....think they 'had to' build it in order to get their planning permission.

Love to you All

and happy shopping :wink:

Toni xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    katie5 wrote:
    struggle trying to unpack and struggle packing bags. Katie x
    Using bags is really difficult, so get a couple of those fold flat crates from B&Q, ebay or wherever. Leave them folded until after you empty your trolley at the checkout, open one in the trolley, pack the groceries in, stacking them when needed, then lift straight out of the trolley and into the car boot. If they are too heavy, then ask Customer Services for someone to lift them for you.

When I get home, I just put them onto a small truck and push them into the kitchen to unpack.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • katknapp
    Options
    The secret of my success, do weekly shopping at 9pm on a Thursday evening. 8pm is far too busy as there are often up to 4 cars parked in the Disabled bays and a few shoppers actually wandering around the store. If you don't absolutely need to be shopping at a certain time when it is really busy, don't go at that time. Ask customer services, "When is it quieter?" They will tell you which day and time is best.

we went late night at christmas it was great!!!! i dont normally shop on a saturday but where ive been ill my cupboards were empty and i get really jittery with empty cupboards(must be some deep childhood truama there lol)anyway never again!!!!
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Just had to add to this wonderful thread and write down about my pet gripe , being a wheelchair user I can understand how those of you with young children feel . Their heads and mine are at a similar height and at the mercy of pre occupied shoppers ! Can't count the number of times I've been smacked in the head by someone's metal basket or the odd elbow ; and ; moan no. 2 , why is it that if you're in a wheelchair people either treat you as an imbecilic two year old or totally ignore you ? My husband is fed up with being asked questions on my behalf , " does she take sugar ? " etc. Sorry , all had to get that off my chest ! Jillyb
  • katknapp
    Options
    Just had to add to this wonderful thread and write down about my pet gripe , being a wheelchair user I can understand how those of you with young children feel . Their heads and mine are at a similar height and at the mercy of pre occupied shoppers ! Can't count the number of times I've been smacked in the head by someone's metal basket or the odd elbow ; and ; moan no. 2 , why is it that if you're in a wheelchair people either treat you as an imbecilic two year old or totally ignore you ? My husband is fed up with being asked questions on my behalf , " does she take sugar ? " etc. Sorry , all had to get that off my chest ! Jillyb

My mums in a wheelchair too and always gets treated that way also,its not nice and i get so angry on her behalf
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    My sister's been a wheelchair user all her life and I totally sympathise. I often retort to strangers either ignoring her or treating her like an imbecile: "I'M her big sister and, if it's OK with you, I'll be the one patronising her and treating her like an idiot. You can treat her with respect until she proves she doesn't deserve it".

My sister's a year younger than me and I have lots of witty put downs, having had 33 years of practise at them! I feel very privileged that my girls are growing up with her as their auntie (just don't tell her that) - hopefully they won't turn into those people who ignore wheelchair users or assume they are as thick as them.

Nxx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    My husband's reply to the " does she take sugar ? " brigade is to say to them " you'll have to ask my wife , I'm actually the thick one " ! It does tend to shut them up rather swiftly . Jillyb