NICE TO CHAT

Options
paddyw
paddyw Member Posts: 93
edited 20. Feb 2011, 09:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone been reading this forum for a while now as i have just got back on problems with log on my fault! its so helpful to read about some of the things i am going though with my RA .I still cant get my head round taking methotrexate which my rheumatologist wants me to take i told him if i take those tabs think i would need some valium with them It really scared me the side effects you can get ,having said that my RA is not good at all .I try very hard to get on top of it all the time.Take painkillers when needed.My choc labrador keeps me going walking even if i look like an old women half the time. So to read your topics has helped no end.Look forward to getting involved more with the topics. Wish you all a good and pain free night Paddy p.s Just my husbands nick name for me names Pat dont mind ether

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Paddy
    I have Spondylosis and O/A and have found this site really supportive over the past few weeks. It is so nice to be able to share experiences with people who understand and I have learned so much too. I hope that you get as much out of the site as I do. It has certainly helped me, I live alone so its like having company. Anyway I hope you are well at the moment and I look forward to seeing you around the site
    Cath
  • paddyw
    Options
    Hi Cath Thanks for the reply.Iwill keep a eye out for you Paddy
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Paddy,
    Nice to speak to you and welcome to the site. I've OA in the jaw and fibromyalgia. I've also been told I have sero-negative arthritis but I don't really know if drs still think that. This forum has been a big help to me and I'd be lost without it. I'll keep my eye out for your posts,
    Take care,
    Magenta x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Pat

you know - it might be an idea to just TRY the meds??? Yes there are a long list of side effects but lots of people get NONE at all. How wonderful would it be if you were that kind of person?

and the RA went into remission for you :smile:

Of course it is always your decision, but dont be too frightened, you have us lot on here and your dog and husband at home as well as doctors to call on for support.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Pat
    And a very warm welcome back.....
    Sorry I cant help with your meds, what I do know its normal to worry about taking any of these drugs......I have everything crossed for you that they will work .
    How lovely that you have your dog to get you away from it all......I used to love love going off for walks with my little dog....I am hoping to get another one when I have had my hips replaced.
    Wishing you well
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • paddyw
    Options
    hI to everyone who replyed to me so kind of you to take the time. Iknow you are all so right about taking the meds saying "just jump in" i may have to next time i see dr its not going away never will. Been out for a walk with my dog Brea this morning we have lovley fields at the back of our house ,and if you are quite i can see the deer ,baby ones as well just like Bambi. makes all the pain in feet worth while! Hope you all have a good sunday be in touch Pat
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am on injected meth - no side effects at all, none, zip, nada, zero. I am also on humira - a possible side-effect of that is cancer. So what? It doesn't mean I will contract it - and if I do they can cure that. What they cannot cure is arthritis.

Meth can be a very effective treatment for some: it can greatly ease the symptoms of arthritis and restore the quality of life. What's not to like? You won't know if you are in that number until you try. If you don't, the arthritis will continue to worsen - it has that annoying habit. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben