walking the dog

Options
paddyw
paddyw Member Posts: 93
edited 20. Feb 2011, 18:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi posted this on working forum so think this is the one it should be on .I am Learning.My tip is- when walking the dog put a collar around your wrist and clip your dog lead onto it, you can ajust the collar to wrist, leaving sore hands free but dog sercure ,you can still hold the lead.I find it good on bad hand days Happy walking Pat

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Paddy and welcome, sounds like a good tip. I don't have sore hands, but lots of other peeps on here do.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • bobbyger
    bobbyger Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi paddy,

Have you tried a hunters lead, I have one for my pointer. I is basically a lead that allows you to adjust the hand loop size from normal to huge where you can place your head and arm through it and the starp sits across your chest and around your back. It is designed so hunters can have their dog under control while having both hands free for shooting. Ideal if you have sore hands.
  • paddyw
    paddyw Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Thank You for tip on hunters lead not heard of that, but will have a look at one Thanks Paddy
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pat,

I got iffy wrists, elbows and shoulders and i got this really good lead that has a bit of very strong elastic built into it so when the dog lunges 9i have to say when cus mine is part demented loom) it doesn't hurt so much. Its also long.... the elasticated bit as well as the lead and it does help absorb that horrible de-arming thing they can sometimes do.

he is thankfully good off the lead just demented on it and one like that might be an idea for you maybe?

I got this one cus 2 of mine decided to wishbone me. maybe i need better behaved dogs :wink: Cris x