My DLA

Options
pepperflo
pepperflo Member Posts: 91
I mentioned a few months ago about my tribunal, and how I couldn't face going to it.
They sent a Doctor out to do an assessment, and she did her report.
My new tribunal is adjourned pending an investigation into the mobility side of it, she said I could walk up to 1/4 of a mile without discomfort, I never said that, I said on a good day I go for a little walk with my stick or pushing my Granddaughters pram that helps me.
They are now talking of taking it off me. I wish I had never started this appeal now, I keep having panic attacks which I hadn't had for months.
All I have done is be truthful on my forms and they are making me out to be a liar, there not there in a morning when I can't walk or at bedtime when I'm nearly in tears with the pain in my knees.
I know the government is trying to cut back, but all I have done is be honest, and there are plenty of fraudsters out there.
I'm going to have to go to the next one, just to get it sorted instead of it lingering on.
I just don't know what to do anymore, if I had done something wrong then I would take my punishment, but I haven't.
Has anyone else had theres took off them ?

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having this stressful time. I am sure that people will post messages of support about their DLA experiences. Key to know is that if you need to appeal a decision regarding your benefits you stand a much better chance of success if you see a welfare rights advisor without delay. Places to contact where you can see a welfare rights advisor include:
    Some local councils (but you need to find out if yours has a welfare rights dept.)
    Dial Uk http://www.dialuk.info/
    Age Uk
    CABs

If you need a chat to help you deal with the stress then please don't hesitate to come back to us or give us a ring.

I hope that is helpful

Guy
  • pepperflo
    pepperflo Member Posts: 91
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you Guy for your message it means a lot to know your there for me to talk to.
    I will try the link you sent me and will let you know how I get on, again thanks.