depression

Options
nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 22. Feb 2011, 13:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, not had a good day today. My stomach feels really yucky due to anti-biotics and this dreary weather isn't helping my mood. I feel really depressed. So today after having a good cry I decided to go online and buy a light box, hopefully it will work, if not I'm no worse off.

Sue x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, things were going better weren't they, nansue? I am so sorry, let's hope the light box does the job. How long do you have to go on the antibiotics? It will pass, all things do, but it may take a lttle while. You know where we are. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    Sorry that you are not feeling good, This damp, dark dreary weather is not good, I hope that the light box works for you and hopefully we will also get some sun soon!!!
    Cath
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Sorry your feeling down at the moment. Antibiotics can effect so much and maybe when you have finished them you will feel a bit better?

my step mothers mother uses a light box and she says it really helps so with a bit of luck you will find the same will happen for you.

I hope you will wake to find its a bit better day though the weather... i give up on that now a days! Cris x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Sue, I do hope you feel better soon, flat lemonade is good for a tummy that is a bit delicate, as is ginger beer, all the drugs that are there to help us, can often make us feel even worse at times.
    The light boxes are claimed to be very good and it is certainly worth a try, nothing ventured.......
    Grey murky days are not the most inspiring, to say the least, I am one for turning lights on, making everywhere look extra comfy, lighting candles etc.

Hope you feel better very soon, sending hugs. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning nanasue, I hope things are not too bleak today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning nanasue
    So sorry you feel so depressed. you are right the dullness of the weather doesn't help. The lights are on in the house all the time.
    I hope the light box works....You will have to let us know.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Sue

I am sorry you had such a down day yesterday. I hope that perhaps you are feeling a bit brighter today? Hope too that the lightbox arrives soon and that you find it helps.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    hi sue , i hope you have a better day today, xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Sue

Sorry you feel so rough - hope maybe you are feelinga bit better today?

don't know if you are allowed to but some swear by probiotic yoghurts to settle that iffy belly you can get on antibiotics??

My Sis has a light box like Cris mentioned - it diodn cost a fortune and it really helps her.

Love

Toni xx
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Thank you all for your messages of support, I am feeling less depressed today, could be because I had a bit of a cry yesterday, it does sometimes help to let it all out. Stomach was dodgy this morning but I've had some yakult so I'm hoping I'll be on the mend now. I'll let you all know about the light box.

Sue x