What Happens After A Year On ESA?

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 23. Feb 2011, 05:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

It will be a year next month (24th) since I had my arthoscopy and my knee story started again.....Last year a week before surgery I had to attend medical with the delctable ATOS (ahem) and i scored 12 points, appealed and finally got the decision overturned (no reason was given) and now attend jobcentre every 8 weeks or so to try and see what kind of work i could do...Ironically last time i saw advisor he at one point said to me " how about shop work elaine?" which i looked at him quizically and said i cant stand for longer than about 10mins and my knee collapses....He's not alone in this mind you as a week or so later my brother asked my dad more or less the same q?
Anyway....Im waffling!!! But when i get the letter to attend medical again this year which should be imminent, do i have to fill in the dreaded form again? Im not sure? Plus if i fail again and have to appeal the company who did work for me last year community legal advice, said if i needed any notes they held in their office i would need to pay to retirive them...
Anyone shed any light purlease????

Elainex

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elaine sorry can't help you on this one but maybe someone might be able to help you, what do you have RA or OA and is it in the one knee or have you got it in other places?.
    Oh been there and got the T shirt on the comments and suggestions bit,it never fails to amaze me some things people some of who I regard as freinds say to me as if chroinc pain is nothing more than a slight inconvenience, some comments I have had have been down right nasty and upsetting, modern times I guess most people seem self centered these days.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Mellman

Ive got osteochondritis dissecans of left knee...So i guess im lucky its nowhere else but its gotten worse in last year and a half......
    I find the people who say the most thoughtless things are mates and family, yet when others have things they are fussed over so much.....My nephews wife who is quite a two faced person is pregant at moment and apparently sufering bad not eating etc...Well im sorry but pregnancy isnt an illness, not unless you have serious implications and she hasnt but boy will she milk this for all its worth, never mind that she upset half the family on facebook over christmas!!!

Thanks for replyling...

elainex
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Hiya
    I'm afraid the answer to your question is yes. I applied, had the medical, got turned down, appealed, turned down again and finally went to tribunal where the decision to turn me down was laughed at and was overturned within 20 mins. The whole process took so bloody long that less than two months after the tribunal I received the long-winded form again which I filled out again. Then I was sent an appt for another medical (which was a joke the first time). At this point I gave up as I didn't have the energy to go through it all again. I only received the national insurance credit anyway and during all this process I conceived and had a baby (which will provide me with 12 years of national insurance credit anyway). I have to say carrying and delivering an 8lb baby with only gas and air and pethidine whilst not being on any RA drugs other than steroids was easier than going through the ESA process again. It was less painful at any rate!!

Good luck!!
  • haagan
    haagan Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi
    I'm afraid you have to go through the whole farce again including form. im coming up to 3rd time. had to go to tribunal 1st time but got it straight away second. good luck Fay
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Jenzie

Well that just about sums up the whole system if its more painful than carrying and delivering a baby huh?
    Oh well i think this time round will get help from likes of CAB orf something...

Whoopiedoodle do!!!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Fay

Oh poo! Well can only try again and prepare myself....

Elainex