Thanks,
Magenta x

Comments

• cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Magenta.

Forgive me but when I saw your post "Meloxicam" I thought "What, vets prescribe that for cats and dogs, don't they?!!" I checked it out and sure enough they do :smile:

Well all I can say is that it certainly helped my late beloved ancient labrador Solo with his arthritis and last May when my cat Neo had a very nasty car accident it aided in his recovery. His injured leg doesn't give him much gyp these days. Veterinary dosage is by oral suspension but I expect yours is tablets?

It must be a tried and trusted NSAID if it's given to both humans and animals and I hope it brings you the best of relief :smile:

Cherry x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have it on good authority from a vet mate that pigs are given sulphasalazine. There is probably more of an overlap than we realise with human v animal medications.

I haven't tried the meloxicam (do you want fajhitas with that?) but I hope it works fro you, magenta. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hey DD there is a huge overlap... but often they change the names and by EU directive there are not as many as there used to be.....

I am eyeing up the sheeps cortisone and penicillin jabs just now... know i am the same weight so..... inter muscular and not intravenous although sometimes thing that might be a good plan :lol::lol:

My old dog was on mtx, metacam is a derivative form diclo's but oddly kinder to the stomach ling. Wish with the state of my lungs and snot there was a human equivalent to microtel...... though in humans that can and does kill so not eyeing that one up just yet :wink: xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hi , Magenta , I've taken meloxicam for couple of years now , it was given to me as I was assured there would be no stomach or other organ problems with it ( I'm a sensitive soul ! ) , and so far so good . Hope you will also find it suits you . Jillyb
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi Magenta,

I was given Meloxicam to try and calm some of my RA symptoms while I was waiting to see a consultant (I was bedridden, but it helped me have the ability to at least slightly bend my fingers and take a slight edge off the RA symptoms). Are you taking it with anything else? What type of arthritis do you have?

I'm now on a cocktails of other drugs too - Sulpha, Mtx, hydroxy to add to the mix!

I hope it works for you. I know that it marginally worked for me before I was ramped up onto all of the other meds too.

Good luck! xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi magenta

Well you learn something new on this forum everyday. I didn't know we took the same drugs as animals, and I have never heard of meloxicam.
    I hope the drug brings you relief and you can tolorate it.

Skezier you leave them sheeps meds alone :lol: (can you pay for their meds with your prepayment card then :lol: if you have one)

Dd does sound as though you could have it with fajhitas doesn't it :lol:

Take care
    juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hi Magenta.
    yes i've been on meloxicam a long time ago.
    my sisters dog is on it for arther hers is called loxicam but when you read the small writing it says meloxicam.
    i had it in liquid form. good luck with it.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi Magenta, been on it for a while now with no probs, was previously on diclofenac but it got to the stage where it wasn't strong enough anymore, meloxicam is slightly stronger so it works for me.

Sue x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi eileen

what a great medication - am glad it helped all teh animals now i hope it helps you!!!!

A bit like my arcoxia I think a COX2 anti-inflam - should help no end.

Good luck

Love

toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Julie,

Oh if you can get a private prescription form the vets and get it in a chemist is 5 x cheaper....

case in point my old springer had a thing called diabetes insidious.... it was treated with a human drug the vets charged just under fifty quid for,..... cost me 25 to get a private prescription that had 3 months worth on it and it then cost me just under 14 quid instead.....

mind the sheep meds are not too expensive... and well.... i remain a hideous snot monster with endless recurring colds and her Ladyship is not longer my nearest rival in the snot monster championships.... now why can we have what she had..... Cris xx

Hi Eileen,

hope it went ok and its helping you? (((( )))) Cris xx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi all,
    Only started it today so early days. Knowing my luck, I'll develop side-effects. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hi Alarka,
    I've got OA in jaw. Good old fibromyalgia and maybe(?) sero-neg arthritis. I also take Omeprazole, Amitryptilline and Acupan-for the moment anyway!

Thanks everyone,
    Magenta x