happy 2nd birthday to my THR

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 26. Feb 2011, 04:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Firstly, sorry I have not been posting much recently, but I do try to keep up with all your posts.
So 2 years ago today I was in theatre having my knackered, arthritic, malformed, useless old hip removed, and a new shiny ceramic one put in.
It has not all been plain sailing as you know but I am still glad I had it done.
I am also 6 months post dislocation of said new hip, and am still having problems as a result. But I know things were sooooo much worse before my op was done. I am still going for physio at the moment. I still use my stick when walking outdoors, as much for support for my other hip as for my THR. And I still have pain and discomfort from bursitis on my operated side, and groin pain when sitting. But I am hopeful of improvement, time will tell.
Also, 1 year ago today I was in theatre having my other big op, my hysterectomy, which also rid me of years of pain and misery!!
So this 23rd Feb I am planning to have a more enjoyable, more wakeful day!! :wink: My hubby is finishing work early and we are off to the Trafford centre for a meal with the kids.
So I suppose I am saying life isn`t perfect, but a darn site better than it was 2 years ago! Have a good day all xx
NB

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh the ups and downs of a human existence - but on the plus side isn't it good to live in an age where new joints can be an option and manky organs can be removed? I hope you have a lovely 1st and 2nd ops anniversary - enjoy your day and reflect on the progress you have made, not the problems encountered on the way. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nearly,

happy birthday to your hip and hope it will behave a lot better for you again soon.

have a good better day today and nice to see you. ((( ))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Nearly

Hppay birthday to your new hip and one year anniversary of the hyterectomy too!!

I am so glad to hear that despite the problems you've had - and you have had more than most - with your new hip you still don't regret it :grin:

Hope you have a good day.

odd looking back isnt it?

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Happy birthday to your hip and the anniversary of the hysterectomy

Have a lovely time at trafford centre....enjoy your meal

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Nearly.
    happy birthday to your hip i hope it works well for
    you for a long time to come.
    enjoy yor meal. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi NB
    You have had a long journey with that hip, but you now seem to be getting there...and its all down to you
    I hope you enjoyed your day, and wore comfy shoes, the TC wears me out
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Glad things are working out Hope you enjoyed the meal and are now burping and saying God I enjoyed that As a mere novice of 5 months new hip I stand in awe Hope things go on and get better and better :smile::smile::smile:
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    Thanks Barbara, Tony, Toni, Joan , Julie , Cris and DD
    I have had a lovely afternoon at the Trafford Centre, acheing a bit now though! :roll:
    I treated my kids to some new stuff, none for me, but I prefer to treat them really.And we enjoyed a yummy meal and a glass of wine to wash it down ( Mr NB was designated driver today!!)
    So although I am limping thanks to my none THR hip, and acheing all in all a good day..And a darned sight better than the previous 2!!
    An early night is in order methinks!!
    NB
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nearly,

Glad you got a better day and you all enjoyed your selves. Hope you get a good night and not too much payback.

maybe that dislocated hip will settle and you will get some real, and good improvement for it all now. ((( ))) and a sleep well draft. Cris xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi NB :grin:

Good to see you and glad you had a much better time this year than previous ones. :roll: Happy birthday to the hip and I hope you will forgive her for her blip, which we so hope it was.
    take care
    Chris
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi NB, you sound upbeat and looking on the bright side of things. I think you are quite right to compare post op to pre op. Sometimes I get disheartened with my hips ... especially when comparing myself to those with normally functioning, natural hips. However, if I stop myself and compare to pre-op - there is no contest - I am so much better off now. Hope you had a lovely celebration.

Keep up the physio ....
    (says me, who has let it lapse again.)

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi NB,
    I am pleased you managed a good trip out this year and well done for getting round the Trafford centre. I always manage to get into the wrong lane coming out of there. :lol::lol:
    I hope the physio carries on helping and you feel even more confident in the months to come.
    Lv, Ix