when comunication break down.

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 23. Feb 2011, 13:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello all

when comunication breaks down it does, been having on going problems as you may with my son's school.

i believe in always giving people the benefit of doubt and maybe as always there is always 2 sides to ever situation, yes, but as i have seen since before Christmas and just recently and since a new teacher has started in charge of my son's class i not sure things are as they should be, so this morning i had to meet with someone i met before who deals with the education side of things for special needs children well i say that and my son 15 and taller than me :oops: :oops: anyway i got an appointment for monday at 10.30 and i hoping it can get sorted, i now really had enough and for our sake and his its got to be sorted.

thanks for reading this, seems like there are times when life goes along nicely and also times when you just got do something.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi only..
    Hope you find a good resolution to it all..
    Stay positive, you'll get there :grin:

Best wishes
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Good luck with the meeting Sylvia.This will be a good chance for you to explain things to your sons school and how he can be helped as much as possible. You know your son better than they do, it is just difficult to get your point across sometimes so you need a clear time and place to do this and the meeting is indeed the place.

I know what you mean about sometimes things go along fine but other times everything difficult happens!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Sylvia

You are doing the right thing by making an appointment to sort things out. If you ever have any concerns regarding your son, it is best to have a meeting to discuss what is worrying you, rather than letting the situation carry on. I realise that you have had problems with the school in the past, but you know your son better than anyone, so the teachers should be listening to you and taking onboard any of your concerns. I hope that it will be a successful meeting, and that things can be sorted out for the benefit of your son.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi only49
    I just want to wish you luck for monday at your sons school. I hope the meeting goes well .
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    thanks everyone who took the time to post, we all have a point when or how we reach it, but there is also a time when you know you have to do something, as some very good friends have pointed out i know him better than anyone, hence why i find all this so frustrating because how i see it, is he my one and only very special son and while i got a breath in my body people will understand, its ignorance that makes there life harder, why should that be the case, he needs help and i will help no matter what.

thanks so much your support and understanding is invaluable.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Sylvia

you are a good Mum to your lad and am I am sure doing the right thing by him.

I will be right there with you if you need me on monday morning.

All being well the 'nicer' staff member will be there and all will be fine.

Love Toni xx