dentist treatment free if on ESA

Options
tillypink
tillypink Member Posts: 212
edited 24. Feb 2011, 05:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All hope ur all having a painfree day or at least 5mins!

Quick question for you all please :smile:

I'm on ESA still! waiting for tribunal for both Dla and ESA and went to Dentist for the 1st time in about 3yrs on Monday, my bad I know.. but have't been able to register for an NHS Dentist before now!

The Dentist said I need teeth out :| , but when I went to rebook an appointment to have the teeth out, the receptionist said that she did't think I was entitled to free treatment, is this true?

Many thanks

Lisa(tillypink)

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tilly.
    I think it depends upon whether you are on Income based or contribution based ESA.
    Cath
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Lisa

It does indeed depend whether youre on I think contribution based benefit and sometimes it dont apply to ESA, and can apply to JSA or Income Support...Another thing too i have a HC2 certificate which means i dont pay for wigs, eye tests, dental, nhs appointment travel...BUT...My dentist when i was on JSA for a short time caught me out by informing me that I wasnt on any benefits when i first joined the dental surgery and therefore wasnt entitled to any concessions......And i am NHS too...

Elainex
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Was going to suggest you apply for a HC2 certificate too like Elaine has.

Get it done asap if you need treatment - dentists are NOT cheap!

Love

toni xx
  • tillypink
    Options
    thanks for all ur replys, looking at HC2 certificate, and they seem to be used for people in england not wales,or am I not reading right?
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    hi if you find you have to pay - keep your receipts then send them off to your local area PCT if you are entitled they will reimburse you, hopefully.

take care

Katie x
  • tillypink
    Options
    Aw thanks Katie :smile:

x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi tillypink, I hope you are OK. I suddenly thought that the tinterweb would have the answers you need - there must be a government website with up-to-date info about these matters. I hope your teeth aren't hurting too much! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillypink
    Options
    Thanks DD , no the teeth are't to bad thanks, just gonna look again today now, see about it all. I just keep finding about the England side of Nhs not the Welsh, typical.

Hope ur ok

x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There must be a Welsh version somewhere, hopefully not in Welsh! I wonder if the helpline here could help? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben