Thank God For....

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 25. Feb 2011, 08:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey...:-)

Im dieting at moment and the afternoons can sometimes be worst for me, when ive done my ironing and find myself with spare time etc, thats my bad snack time....
Ive found that i can curb this by having a low calorie hot chocolate, Options for only 40 calories which curbs my sweet tooth and keeps me from going off the beaten track....Have also cut out salted nuts and now buy unsalted ones with raisins in them, dont have them every day but again its helathier for moi!!!

Elainex

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good for you elaine....Keep it up.

My weak time is supper....I have started having a go ahead bar or yoghurt.

(think I should cut down on coffee too)

juliepf x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Elaine

I've got a sweet tooth, and the worst temptation for me is when I have a cup of coffee or tea. Then I always want a biscuit with it, and the chocolate ones taste the best. I know that I should resist, but usually give in. I envy people who don't like sweet things. Sugar is my downfall, I'm afraid. :cry:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Elaine

I've got a sweet tooth, and the worst temptation for me is when I have a cup of coffee or tea. Then I always want a biscuit with it, and the chocolate ones taste the best. I know that I should resist, but usually give in. I envy people who don't like sweet things. Sugar is my downfall, I'm afraid. :cry:

Joan
    Maybe if I was to coat my gorgeous body in honey???

You're so sweet that even the bees would leave their hive for you :lol:

bees.jpg
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Good luck Elaine. I find if I eat something savoury then I need to balance it with something sweet. I snack all day but could live without main meals. Find some low calorie treats to substitute the fuller fat versions such as WW cakes.Their Lemon slices are lovely.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Don't get too obsessed Elaine My wife has even got the poor dogs on a diet :evil :evil :evil
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Julie

Oh I like them yogurt coated bars, like Aldi's ones!!!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hey Joan

Ive got a sweet toother too.....But am curbing it with healthier things and fruit too.......Willpower isnt that strong but doing well so far...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

My mum loves savoury things....I tried a few WW things, one a white choc chip n raspberry cookie just tasted of grease..URGH!!! Why do diet fooods get it so bad???

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Oh god Tone im never gonna be obsessed and my weight loss will be a slow steady one.....
    Y'know if your wife's got everyone including dogs on diet, well all for one you know....

Elainex
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi I'm also dieting and I lost half a stone. Had my weigh in tonight but had to miss it because one of my dogs had to be rushed to the vets and to tell the truth in no mood to go after that. Try this for a low calorie sweet. Slice 2 eating apples place in microwaveable dish sprinkle with cinnemon cover with cling film and zap on high power for three minutes. Serve hot with mullerlite vanilla fat free yoghurt. Absolutely delicious. Have it most nights! yum
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    That does sound good Kate but I cant eat dairy products, not sure if alpro soya does a vanilla type thing?

elainex