not a good start for the year

Options
constable
constable Member Posts: 2,115
edited 25. Feb 2011, 09:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I had to call the doctor out yesterday, I now have a bad chest infection and she has put me on steroids. Really peaved off now, haven't even rang the hospital for my husband yet, he needs to know when he will have his operation(severe spinal probs.) And trying to get my two girls to help out is a battle, my home is in a mess.

Sorry everyone, just needed to off load, hope you dont mind, just had enough at the moment.

sorry karenxx
Karen xx

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sorry to hear you are not well, hopfully the steroids will do their work and you will soon be back on your feet.
    Cath
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Steroids are lovely things in my book - they do pick me up, they do make me 'feel' better, they do give me the illusion that I can manage and that things are not that bad. Try not to be on them for too tho long, as they are not good for one long-term. When I first started them I was given a dose of 20mgs for five days, then I reduced by 5 mgs every five days. I don't know how old your girls are but if over ten years then they need to have their ideas woken up I wish you well and I hope you soon feel better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning Karen
    Sorry that you seem to be having a bit of a rough time at the moment.
    I hope the steroids help and that the chest infection clears quickly.
    Hope all things improve soon
    Take care and look after yourself
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi karen

At least your steroids should help you soon.

I hope then you will find the time and strength to make the calls you ned to and to get the kids to pick up after themselves!!! I have three and totally get that :roll:

I shout all the time to no avail :oops:

Love

toni xx
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    gosh its bad enough with just me being off colour with out my OH as well, my children do a great deal for me and i have to remember at times just how much they do. Some days the house isnt as i would like but thats just the way it is. I just try to tidy kitchen and living room and keep barely ontop of washing etc, my eldest is 13 and my youngest is 5, on a wed every one gets a job to do, hoover, dust etc and then they get pocket money. Have a word with your children and ask for a bit more help when you need it.
    Every one needs a moan sometimes and ive probably done over my fair share since i joined the forum!
    Wishing you and your OH best wishes.
    Seamonkey
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    gosh its bad enough with just me being off colour with out my OH as well, my children do a great deal for me and i have to remember at times just how much they do. Some days the house isnt as i would like but thats just the way it is. I just try to tidy kitchen and living room and keep barely ontop of washing etc, my eldest is 13 and my youngest is 5, on a wed every one gets a job to do, hoover, dust etc and then they get pocket money. Have a word with your children and ask for a bit more help when you need it.
    Every one needs a moan sometimes and ive probably done over my fair share since i joined the forum!
    Wishing you and your OH best wishes.
    Seamonkey