Darn it!!roped in to bake cakes

katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 26. Feb 2011, 10:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have a 22 year old an 19 year old and a 4 year old and all those years ive avoided being roped in to do "school stuff"...but ive met my match!!! a very determined bossy commitee mum has finally captured me!!! arrgghhhh! i have to bake cakes :shock: ......well it was that or man the stalls while hundreds of darling little chilblains charged at me with thier 20p's!! at least i can cheat this way and buy shop brought cakes and put em on a paper plate :lol::wink:

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    if you don't feel like baking...They do sell some buns un iced in supermarkets......You could then perhaps just make icing for top and stick a smar**ie on top......Will look home made then :grin:

Have fun

Juliepf x
  • katknapp
    oh i will definatly cheat lol! i just dont feel like baking at the mo ....and to be honest im not that great at cake making anyway :lol:
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    I also refuse to bow to the cake-making mafia (as I like to call them). Here is how you do it:

1) As another ladee suggested on here, buy uniced buns from Asda and ice them yourself
    2) buy brownies and take them out of the celophane and wrap individually
    3) buy cheap mince pies (xmas time) and very gently roll over them with a rolling pin to give them that home made, crumbly look. The dust with icing sugar
    4) get your tidy, organised eldest daughter to cook with her little sisters and they can clean up afterwards

Nxx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    chocolate crispy cakes. Buy cheap choc for baking in Tescos, rice crispies.
    Melt choc in microwave...carefully. Mix melted choc with rice crispies and place in cake containers. To make them fancy you can dust with icing suger, or put a little sweet or cherry on top. Easy.
    Or buy some biscuits make some icing sugar up (or buy the ready made in a tube/add colour??/...) put icing on the biscuits then add sweets, choc drops, smarties or dried fruit. No cooking. Failing that hide or forget to go???
  • katknapp
    Nina and Lupin believe me this women is very hard to avoid she bore down on me like a warship with her double barreled name and i said yes before she even asked lol!! i was terrified,her poor husband!!shes one of those women thats on every comittee going and has probably invented some just to make everyones life hell,she should be running the country :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i feel you need to take a course on how to say no and i do mean NO if you wish to do something then yes go for it and enjoy but do not let bossy people get the better of you. it a big mistake to try and make an excuse why you can not do something they will find ways you can just say no and nothing they say can change that but now you have said yes tut tut good luck
    val
  • katknapp
    Thank you val,im normally perfectly capable of say no,

However this women could get bin laden and gaddaffiduck baking cakes and organising coffee morning for thier troops!

she even organised my mother in law :shock:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Kat
    Your a women after my own heart...I used to love baking...but now I cant stand for long....I cheat...who cares has long has they enjoy it....keep this thread going then I can get more cheat recipes :lol::lol:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • katknapp
    my cakes tend to be hit and miss :lol: i make a mean gipsy tart though!!!
  • katknapp
    oh tink its the best thing in the world!!!we used to have it at school,its made with carnation milk and dark brown sugar ummmmmm yummmmmm must pop to sainsburys lol feel a gipsy tart baking session coming on!!!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Oh, she sounds lovely :shock: Lol
    Like you say, poor husband... Just like him married to hyacinth bucket.. Keeping up appearances, haha
    I would have a field day with her, I do enjoy winding folk like her up, it's one of my hobbies :eek: :lol::lol:

katknapp wrote:
    Nina and Lupin believe me this women is very hard to avoid she bore down on me like a warship with her double barreled name and i said yes before she even asked lol!! i was terrified,her poor husband!!shes one of those women thats on every comittee going and has probably invented some just to make everyones life hell,she should be running the country :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • katknapp
    oh tony shes awful lol but theres quite a few like her in this village organising all sorts of charity events,theres only a few council houses in my village and i live in one of them! (i aint posh! :lol: )all the rest are double barrels or we even have a lady something or other,i curtsey whenever she knocks on my door and shakes her fund raising tin at me,i must get another dog it was really funny seeing them run down the path,my dog was so gentle but she hated do-gooders as much as me :lol:
  • tjt6768
    just let me answer your door, they won't come calling again.. I can look like a thug when I want to, lol....
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • katknapp
    tony you can answer when the mormons/johovahs knock lol!
  • tjt6768
    oh bring em on... Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP