bu-trans patches

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 27. Feb 2011, 04:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello can anyone help, can anyone tell me what they are and what they are used for, any info would help, where do you get them.

thanks
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi only49. I think these are pain-killing patches, I believe they are morphine-based and you get them from the doctor. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Sylv

I got mine form the GP.

they are a synthetic morphiney stuff!!you stick on a sort of plaseter and all teh time the mediaction is absobed into the body via the skin. It is brilliant fro me as I rarely need to take anything else! I also dont feel sick like I can do on other painkillers like tramadol.

If you GP agrees then they may well be worth a try?

LOve

Toni xx
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    I asked hazels rheumy doctor if its worth asking my doctor for them , he told me they were not for oa I am puzzled Toni do you have oa????
    p s still waiting on phone call to say car is ready

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    Mike

I have both inflamatory and OA too. As far as I know they are for any chronic pain which fits with Hazel perfectly and Sylvia too.

She can start on the lowest dose you know and build up.

Do let me know how she gets on :grin:

LOve

toni xx
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Toni, I cant understand why he said there not for me , I told him I would love to try them ,but again he said sorry they wont give you much use. see doctors and rheumys can get it wrong at times

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR

cant wait for my car on monday , the girl told hazel its like brand new again .
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    Mike

I am so glad they at least help Hazel Mike and I am just as pleased that the car is looking good. Just needs to be on YOUR drive now :wink:

Love

toni xx