fingers and toes - spasm and dislocate

Options
saggyoldbagpuss
saggyoldbagpuss Member Posts: 55
edited 25. Feb 2011, 05:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Hope your all well and comfortable today........

I've been searching the net for answers and wondered of the group could help. I have RA in both hands wrist feet and ankles!

My problem!
In both my hands and feet i have problems with the fingers and toes going into some form of spasm (they move in directions fingers and toes are not suppose to :eek: :shock: ) and with hands my little finger dislocates and folds into my palm from the knuckle. If i push the knuckle (palm side) back up into position (with a clunking feeling :x )and hold the spsams goes eventually but my toes head north pointing straight up and no matter how much i try to bend them down they wont move! Is not like a cramp (no muscular)it feels more like tendons but either way painfull.

Is this something you get with RA, if so how can I stop it from happening?

any advise would be gratefully received.

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sorry cannot help but it sounds really awful.
    What does your rheumy or Doc say?
    take care
    xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Bagpuss

I think it might be quite a few things and yes RA can go things to fingers, but if I were you l would get it cecked out as it might be trigger finger as mentioned in Magenta's thread. My ex MIL has that and she could click hers back too. A steroid jab sorted it :grin:

At the very least 'they' should be able to help you with splints to support yor poor fingers and toes :sad:

Love

toni xx