Hi I'm new!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 19. Mar 2011, 03:30 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I have joined this forum to chat to people who understand the pain and strained emotions this illness can bring! I have what I have come to call a 'flare up!' for over a week now and have had to have bedrest while my legs,hips and lower back have become very sensitive and extremely painful.I have to deal with my husband (who I do love very much!) not understanding how I feel and how much pain I am in telling me I must feel better now and saying you can't be in that much pain! So I am looking forward to chatting with like wise people. And getting to know more about idea's for coping with husbands!! I am from Redditch which is in the Worcestershire band!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi bubbadog, it's nice to meet you. I am very fortunate with my husband who is nothing but supportive, so I cannot help on that front. I hope that things start to improve for you soon - LWA is the place to moan and whinge and ask questions about meds, treatments and docs etc, the rest are self-explanatory. What version of this pestilence ails thee? I shall be logging off shortly so forgive me if I don't reply until another day - I have stuff to do (which involves going to the pub. Happiness is.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Welcome from me too, can't help with the coping with husbands bit as I am one and cope with myself just fine :shock: :lol:
    I am also in mid flare-up, knees, back, hands and left hip all joining in.. :roll:
    Catch you soon

Be well
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hi bubbadog, it's nice to meet you. I am very fortunate with my husband who is nothing but supportive, so I cannot help on that front. I hope that things start to improve for you soon - LWA is the place to moan and whinge and ask questions about meds, treatments and docs etc, the rest are self-explanatory. What version of this pestilence ails thee? I shall be logging off shortly so forgive me if I don't reply until another day - I have stuff to do (which involves going to the pub. Happiness is.) DD
    Hope you enjoyed the pub!! :wink: I have Osteoporosis, it is in both legs,both hips and lower back. There are signs it is starting in my hands now as well :( Well I wanted to say thank you for letting me know what the site is about. :)
  • bubbadog
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Welcome from me too, can't help with the coping with husbands bit as I am one and cope with myself just fine :shock: :lol:
    I am also in mid flare-up, knees, back, hands and left hip all joining in.. :roll:
    Catch you soon

Be well
    Hi!! I wanted to ask has your 'flare up!' effected you so bad that you have had to be put on bedrest like my GP has made me do? Or are you able to get about ? Also wanted to let you know I have a cat as well his name is Beauty but we call him bubba! He is a black cat with a white bib. I just want to say I would like to keep in touch so if you agree as I am new don't know how we do it! Could you get back to me? Look forward to hearing from you! bubbadog
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We keep in touch by posting on the various forums - long conversations can occur or short ones - it all depends on who joins in! There is also a PM facility - private messaging. I am not sure how familiar you are with forums etc - I too am fairly new to it all too. You have found the Hello forum, if you click on the word forum at the top of the screen (it's in the same line as logout, user control panel etc) that will bring up a list of all the forums: LWA, working matters, m child has arthritis, youngperson's forum, chitchat, helpline just click on the name of the one you want to have a look at and join in any conversation that takes your fancy!

The PM facility is next on from 'forum'. I hope this helps.

The pub was wonderful, and it was good again at lunchtime! My husband and I are away for a couple of days, we are in Southwold and the sun has just come out again! :grin: I have PA (psoriatic arthritis) and am on crutches as walking unaided is a lost art for DD. I may shortly go for a plod down towards the pier - wish me luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Hi and welcome....my hubby is worse than me...we have oa so have no problem with understanding the pain so can be no help there but i am sure some people will have some handy hints to help.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Bubba

Good to meet you officially!

I first 'met' you on your birthday thread!

I hope you enjoy the forums as much as me and get lots out of them. we are a lovely lot (if I do say so myself) always up for support or a laugh or advice.

Love

Toni xx