Bad idea!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 21. Mar 2011, 04:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well for some reason I decided to de-freeze me Dorset Naga chilli's and dry them out, the idea was then to grind them up and make chilli powder out of them, this I did.
firstly grinding them has an effect like tear gas so there I was sneezing like mad with a burning nose, well if that wasn't bad enough once I'd finished I sat down to watch Gadaffi duck get a bum kicking on the news and even though I'd washed my hands when I rubbed my eye's all hell breaks lose!, by heck I almost went blind!, then I was just getting over it and thought it would be a good Idea to wash them to stop them burning!, nope that didn't help one flippin bit, off it goes again worse than before,it's been an hour now and they still smart a bit!!. :oops:

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    please be carefull if you need to go your eyes would do more that run then :oops:
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I don't think you should go to the toilet without gloves!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Mell my OH did this a few weeks ago....he totally forgot he had chopped the chilli up...because he never cooks :roll: it was hours later when he rubbed his eyes....he was running round like a mad man...if he did more cooking he might have remembered... :lol:
    Sorry its not funny...hope your eyes stop stinging soon, keep on putting cold water in them..
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Please be very careful if you need to go to the toilet. You will really suffer then. My ex managed to do an impression of a glow worm after cutting chilli's. You should always wear gloves when chopping chilli's
    b0415.gif
    Jakib0644.gif
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Options
    :shock: Looks at my chilli seedlings sprouting in the bathroom and decides to buy marigolds (gloves not the plant)
    I can sympathise :O
    R:) 8)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    It's ok, I was having to put chilli cream on my hands four times a day, it's just the same as chopping chillies, in fact worse because to wash it off would defeat the object... Guess which numpty forgot evertime he went to the loo :shock: :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Mell, you never learn :!: I remember having this conversation with you before when you'd been handling chillis :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Yeah Len.. Docs prescribed it for me for mi hands, it eases the pain a bit, just about enough to lessen the pain when doing my exercises, just awkward when using it for ya hands as the first thing you wanna do is wash it off, lol...

:shock: :lol: It's nice and hot though
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    no matey.. It's called capsciacin cream, as in the chilli.. It burns more the less frequent you put it on if that makes sense.. Lol

I put it on mi knees too..

Right, off to go sit in the bloody docs for God knows how long...

Catch you in a bit Rkid.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Options
    Good luck at the witch doctors :)
    My Movelat cream instructions .. say apply on affected area then wash your hands .. shame i use it for my ankles , Knees and hands mostly :O... and a good job that as a man it is my duty to NOT read or take notice of instructions :P

Rich
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Bah! I laugh at instructions :lol::lol: Told you..

Managed to get in, lol.... Sat in waiting room but at least I'm first in line. They let you in at eight but docs don't start till ha :roll: lf past.. Place will be packed by then..

Catch you soon
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Yep hoisted by me own petard Joan, never learn and what's worse it was the Naga's that got me!, this year I have Ghost Chillis growing and their meant to be hotter!!!.
    Oh Len to late now always been an idiot as I!, Tony Chilli cream?, had that but did my head in, it always started burning at night or hours after applying, and it did no real ggod other than stop me sleeping and yep it gets into the skin and bein a daft bugger I use to forget and poke rub and scrath and all hell would break out!.