Choo choo

Options
cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
edited 21. Mar 2011, 09:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just had a lovely train filled day with my 2yr old and hubby
My mum was in Yorkshire for the weekend so I suggested we go meet her for the day
We got the metro train from our house to central station , then had a picnic (with wine for the adults) on the east coast mainline train
And then spent the day at the national railway museum
So lots and lots of trains
Am knackered but the boys loved it especially my hubby as it's national science wk and he got to take his son to his 1st science show, not sure the little one quite understood Newton's 3 lawsbut he did enoy firing elephants in the air, barbie being shot out of a steam cannon, balloons whizzing across the room and lots of explosions
A good but tiring day out
Chrissie

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chrissie - Glad you enjoyed your day out in Yorkshire, I wouldnt live anywhere else LOL!
    Next stop Yorkshire Wildlife Park? They have Lions and a Tiger!
    Cath
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrissie

As a Yorkshire lass, I've been to the National Railway Museum on several occasions, and it's always a good place to visit, especially with children. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable day with your family.

Here's a link to the N.R Museum for anyone who's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX3MhOy1nTI
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    cthornley wrote:
    I've just had a lovely train filled day with my 2yr old and hubby
    My mum was in Yorkshire for the weekend so I suggested we go meet her for the day
    We got the metro train from our house to central station , then had a picnic (with wine for the adults) on the east coast mainline train
    And then spent the day at the national railway museum
    So lots and lots of trains
    Am knackered but the boys loved it especially my hubby as it's national science wk and he got to take his son to his 1st science show, not sure the little one quite understood Newton's 3 lawsbut he did enoy firing elephants in the air, barbie being shot out of a steam cannon, balloons whizzing across the room and lots of explosions
    A good but tiring day out
    Chrissie

Chrissie did you go to the Newcastle science fest at the Life centre. My daughter works there and help to organise it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Steam is so much more fun than Diesel I think, all you need to do is burn wood or coal and you don't need to import all your fuel, mind you I hope you feel guilty for condoning climate change you planet killer you!. Honestly I think the rail would look so much better if it still had steam, ho hum I'm going all galssy eyed at the very thought!.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi chrissie

glad you had a lovely day out with your family.

I have been to the National Railway Museum a few times...did you go on the big wheel too (is it still there or was it tempary)....I went on it in my wheelchair...the views were great.

juliepf x
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Chrissie did you go to the Newcastle science fest at the Life centre. My daughter works there and help to organise it.

Elizabeth[/quote]

No we would have liked to but due to various other things we didn't make it but our neighbours kids went and said it was great

Chrissie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Glad they enjoyed it Chrissie. I have seen pics on fb and she is pretty exhausted from all the work so is off to Thailand for a well earned rest,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein