Why?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 22. Mar 2011, 14:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why am I the only person in my house who seems capable of changing a toilet roll when one runs out :?:

Why is it that when there's a pile of stuff at the bottom of the stairs which obviously needs to be taken upstairs, it seems that I'm the only person who can do it, or even notices it's there :?:

Why am I the only person who can put clean socks together in pairs, and look for missing ones :?:

Why am I the only person who can clean the oven :?:

Why am I the only person who knows how to hang a wet towel on a bathroom towel rail properly instead of leaving it in a pile on the floor :?:

Why am I the only person who ever touches ( reluctantly!) the iron.

And don't say it's because I'm a woman, or I'll scream :!: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well mi dear, get ready to scream............................

Lol

:lol:
    :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :!: :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Because as a woman we are aware of these things and the younger and male of the species have to be trained to do this. I got to the end of my tether with it all and just left it all until someone else moved it and then made a sarcastic comment. Usually 'I see the housework fairy has paid a visit and sorted stuff out again'. They soon learnt
    Jakib0644.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Because as a woman we are aware of these things

But why are women more aware of these things :?: Men don't seem to notice things in the same way as women, or is it just that they are more able to ignore them :?:
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Training, that's the trick. Having a face like a fiddle often helps, fortunately my OH knows I like the house as spick and span as possible. I wheel the vacuum out and just leave it sitting in the lounge, next thing, it is all hoovered and put away again. Lurking in the kitchen, keeping an eye on the pot washing, or better still, I say, they can go in the dishwasher dear, you have a rest.
    Oven cleaning, well, I have trouble getting down to take care of that, so I will delegate that task next time.
    Washing, I love sorting the washing, so that is my area. Bed changing, a lot of huffing and gasping usually gets that sorted by OH in no time.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    we feel responsible for the state of the house if some one gosips about it they do not say he keeps a messy house but always the woman so you feel you have to do it but since arther came to visit if it in wash basket it gets washed then goes on table for them to take up and sometimes will pair there socks others leave it for them they all adults so why should i **** what any one says i work as well not as many hours as the rest but then i shop and make meals so do not feel have to do every thing val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    They don't seem to notice mess or it doesn't bother them.
    Why do they make such a mess when making a sandwich? How difficult is it to use a plate and get a piece of bread out without scattering the contents everywhere and then put it all neatly back where it came from?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Joan go on strike that will do it!.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh dear joan i think you need to give out some training lessons.

I can honestly say my OH and daughter are very good.

Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Tut tut, wimmin, moaning again, :roll: :roll: :shock: :lol::wink:

I Always put a fresh loo roll on when it runs out, and I am a tad obsessed when it comes to towels being neat and tidy in the bathroom :shock: :shock: It's like 'sleeping with the enemy'........ Has to be perfesctly straight.. And cushions have to be the right way up, so the zip is to the bottom.... And toilet rolls, I always put them so that the next sheet (good job I said that right :shock: Is flush to the wall..
    Our neighbours always know if I have been to their loo as I turn theirs around.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:

I Always put a fresh loo roll on when it runs out, and I am a tad obsessed when it comes to towels being neat and tidy in the bathroom :shock: :shock: It's like 'sleeping with the enemy'........ Has to be perfesctly straight.. And cushions have to be the right way up, so the zip is to the bottom.... And toilet rolls, I always put them so that the next sheet (good job I said that right :shock: Is flush to the wall..

Tony you made me laugh turning your neighbours loo roll round. I do that at OH parents house, but turn the sheet so it is near to the person rather than flush to the wall to make it easier for the next person to get a grip. We, of course have no loo roll holders because MR hasn't got round to putting them up yet.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Options
    so..... You have yours the wrong way round.. Lol
    Just kidding.. I have to straighten picture frames too.. :shock:
    Janet has had to stop me before now... I'd do it in a strangers house, wouldn't bother me... Lol
    When we were at Tonis in december as soon as they went out I downloaded an app that turned my phone into a spirit level and set to work :eek: :eek: :???: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Why am I the only person in my house who seems capable of changing a toilet roll when one runs out :?:

Why is it that when there's a pile of stuff at the bottom of the stairs which obviously needs to be taken upstairs, it seems that I'm the only person who can do it, or even notices it's there :?:

Why am I the only person who can put clean socks together in pairs, and look for missing ones :?:

Why am I the only person who can clean the oven :?:

Why am I the only person who knows how to hang a wet towel on a bathroom towel rail properly instead of leaving it in a pile on the floor :?:

Why am I the only person who ever touches ( reluctantly!) the iron.

And don't say it's because I'm a woman, or I'll scream :!: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Joan

Don't clean the oven and have no idea how to use the iron...not joking....but do understand the toilet roll thing and the pile of other peoples stuff at the bottom of the stairs. As for the odd socks never quite sure how that happens...years of washing and hanging clothes on the line and yet they appear to disappear. I am still looking in the house for the sock monster. I have set out traps and when i find him i will let you know. He has cost me a fortune over the years the little bugger.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Why am I the only one to clean toilets?

Why am i the only one to clean the oven?

Why am I the only one to mow the grass?

etc etc etc etc etc etc

No matter how many times I say something, it doesn't change. It's because someone else lets us!

(someones halfhitched me dark glasses smilie) It's a grin, honest!
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Haha....
    What's even worse is I don't drink :shock: :lol:
    I'm not gay though.......... I just help em out when they're busy :eek: :eek:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:

Tony, you are an absolute paragon of virtue :!: :grin: Now I know why the toilet roll had been turned round after you came to visit :!: :lol: Do you also clean the loo :?: If so, I vote you Ideal Husband of the Year :!:

Here's your medal of honour for services to loo rolls and cushions

medal.gif

Joan
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    My oh will hoover...around the objects on the floor,he will leave his socks everywhere and now hes been told if they are not in the wash he wont have any clean...and why when we have a dishwasher does he still put the dirty plate in the sink!!!,i must admit when he cleans the bathroom i go behind and redo it lol same as the kitchen he seems to lose interest halfway through and either decides to get something to eat or starts doing something else gahhhhhh now im getting annoyed hes going to walk in here and i will glare at him :lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Joan go on strike that will do it!.

Good idea, Mell, but I'll probably have to get used to living downstairs when the pile of stuff at the bottom waiting to be taken up gets too high to climb over :!: :roll: Why am I the only person who ever seems to notice it's there :?: It's one of life's mysteries :!: :roll:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Crikey Joan you do ask some hard questions
    I suppose that I am an ordinary enough guy, but I see myself in a different role. I am not the homemaker! Although I have and still do some of those things you have mentioned, I am the home provider, I am the bloke that goes out to kill the beast and put it on the table, the guy that provides the roof over the head and the protector of my little tribe, I do not sort socks. :shock:
    I suppose the lines between both roles is blurring though and we are swapping/ changing roles. On the other hand, asuming you are the homemaker do you want the man/men of your home to also do your work whilst also carrying his tasks? I can understand that if a woman also works then looking after the home should be shared.
    Well thats what I think, and I must go now because although I cooked yesterday I did not put the pots and pans away after I had washed them :grin:

I've always been homemaker, provider, head cook and bottle washer, but I still manage to change the loo roll too :!: Just call me Superwoman :!: :lol:

superwoman.jpg

You're not quite a new man like Tony yet, Len, but if you cooked a meal AND washed up, you're getting there :!: :grin:

Joan
  • tjt6768
    Options
    You're gonna get me bullied in the playground Joan :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I'm supposed to be one of the cool kids :eek: :roll: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    You can be cool and a new man too :!: :lol: Another question...............

Why do men think it's not cool to own up to doing the occasional bit of housework :?:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    You can be cool and a new man too :!: :lol: Another question...............

Why do men think it's not cool to own up to doing the occasional bit of housework :?:

Cos it's WIMMIN'S work :eek: :eek: :lol:

Hey, you know me hun, I don't give a monkey's left nut what people think.. Lol
    And, I meant a nut that the monkey had left behind in case you were wondering, lol..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Cos it's WIMMIN'S work :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
    :!: :grin:

...........Bang_Head.gif......banging head on brick wall time :!: :shock: :shock:
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Please note there are some things we can change!

After 37 years together my OH now puts petrol in her car, of course she'll use mine first, until it runs out.............and then moan at me for not putting enough in.. ddohhhhhhhh.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Why moan about something you can't change?

I'm ever optimistic, Del, although experience teaches me otherwise :roll: