Budget

Options
traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 26. Mar 2011, 08:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Be interesting to see what they do..
Am just about to read the article myself..
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well I’m so cynical now I'm not expecting F all from them, they have never given us anything even when times were meant to be good, they always give with one hand and take with another so this wont be any different.
    They were saying that fuel prices has gone up over 15% in a year and food isn’t far behind it yet the inflation rate is still around 5% it’s total c%$p and they know it, this country is bankrupt and borrowing billions just to keep afloat and yet were still giving £7 billion away in aid money we have to borrow and pay back at an interest rate of 6%, and were fighting wars on two fronts again on borrowed money. We also have massive immigration problems where locals can't get work as the wages are so low anyone who lives here and payes taxes can't afford to live anyway,unskilled workers are getting paid cash so no tax goes to the government and they send a lot of what they earn home so again no tax gets paid, yet they use our infrastructure and this costs and those who don't work are an unhealthy lot so this costs more so is more social drag also they give up mentally and then their whole comunity falls apart and drug taking and other antisocial problems become the norm, The minimum wage is around £5.60p yet they know you need £7.25p to live here but instead of enforcing higher wages and upsetting their big business mates they allow cheap labour to pour in, things never really got going after Thatcher got in and destroyed so many societies, the Northern industries were decimated and asset stripped.
    The people did try and adapt but now the jobs are going again and many have just given up trying.
    Socially things are getting worse, ghetto's are growing and social stress is high but they just don't give a hoot, look how we on here are treated, get sick get sacked no mention of all the years in harness your a lazy moaning Hypochondriac and same for those worse than me, go to ask for help from a system you have been paying into all your life and it's **** off, the reason?, their more interested in the Asylem seeker with 10 kids now there's somone who really needs help stop being pathetic and go and live in a ditch.
    When will our leaders start worrying about us rather than trying to police the bloody world,BAE systems runs this country and we are paying for it same goes for the banks, they have effectevly got away scott free and worse the same idiots who caused all the mess arestill their and getting rewarded with money borrowed in your name!.
    Bugger where's me spleen gone to now?.
  • mellman01
    Options
    YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWNYAWN :lol: ................WHO REALLY GIVES A FLYING FIG ANYMORE well any sane person .......surely this ship has already sailed sank and been torp............s/p TINKERBELLE

tink welcome aboard the SS Cynicle me and Len are fully paid up members, sadly your right but I have to unload me spleen somewhere now don't I!!.

I note they are now saying infaltion has jumped to 5.5% I think they mean 12% but hey it's like the Doctor saying this will only sting a bit just before you launch yourself through the ceiling!!. :mrgreen:
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    It is difficult to believe that this is 2011, we are a civilized country and we are in such a mess. No, I don't blame Labour, not for everything, they just don't know the value of MY pound!

There is such a vast gap in income between the low and middle classes, I hate to think that there is still a class divide, it's there and it's bigger than ever and won't change for a long long time and based on income still and administered by a class of political elite.

As I edge nearer to a state pension, it edges further away from me, it'll probably be £200 a week when I get there and worth tuppence!

Come the revolution............

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Mell you forgot to moan about the price of Gas and electricity, all sold off years ago for others to make huge profits while the old and sick sit frozen in our tea cosy hats,gloves and overcoats.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    The huge cost of gas and electricity isn't helpful to anyone. There are many people who have to cut down on keeping warm drastically.I survive mainly because the mortgage is paid off and get DLA.If I had rent and a small pension like many old people it would be dreadful.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Mell you forgot to moan about the price of Gas and electricity, all sold off years ago for others to make huge profits while the old and sick sit frozen in our tea cosy hats,gloves and overcoats.

Elizabeth

Oh your right!, but don't worry in a few more years hypthermia will have done them all in!,and just think of the number of forigners we can then shove in the vacant housing result or wot!, now that said the budget is and always will be pointless, he's on about giving back a stagering 48 pounds a year to low income house holds, WOW!,go out and spend spend spend guys and girls and never mind inflation has eaten another £300 of your income at least were still going around the world sorting out other countries problems while our own get neglected,makes you proud to be British, and just think of all the gratitude we will generate not!!., Right back to the Budgy, I always think of it as a card trick you watch one hand and the other is picking your pocket,
    These people wont give you the drippings of their nose and couldn't be asrse to P on you if you were on fire, all they really wantis you to work hard pay your taxes don't get ill then drop dead in harness. Really we don't figure on their radar.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hmm Tink I'm no doctor but you seem to have a slight spleen infection!,yeah I know what you mean though,mind that said the way things are going here well be doing the same soon enough the way things are going,they were saying soon the interest on the state debt will be £70 billion, thing is we can't make the world right and charity begins at home so I don't think giving £7billion away as aid each year is a good idea especially when you have to borrow it to give it, we still give India and China aid why?, how many countries with bigger ecomonies give us aid i wonder?, you never hear it.
    Also on news night last night they were saying now you can expect your kids to have a lower standing of living as you did when you were young, things are going to be rough I fear.
    Anyway on the up side I see the French want to take control of the British inspired Libyan mess so if Dave has any sense still left in his crusader head then he will past the buck faster than a weasle can run up a trouser leg!. :lol:
  • tkachev
    Options
    There are people struggling big time. We cannot ignore them because there are people living in dire living conditions in other countries(mostly caused by their ineffecient goverments). It is miserable being so cold you cant turn on your heating or having to eat very little because of the cost.Don't forget people live on the streets in this country. Should they be happy because they have neon lighting at night?
    No there is lots of poverty is in this country too.
    Personally I am alright Jack because I can pay my bills, my kids get new shoes and uniform as and when required but there are people who don't.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    I it's complex and your so right cold and damp is not a good thing, what kind of so called civilised country allowes it's old people to die in their front rooms due to the fact they can't pay for heating, these are the same people who went through WW2 and never asked for anything other than a decent old age, these days their at the bottom of the list, if you stick a needle in your arm or are some kind of feral nasty bugger with no self worth or humanity they love you for ever, the last survivour of the Titanic disater had to sell her last posesions to pay for her last days in care now that made me spin like a flippin top that did!.
    Thing is all your stregth are your weaknesses and visa versa these days , your far better off if your a terrorist and especially if your not born here then you get a private jet and PUPA to fly you back from guantanamo bay and citzenship and a big payout from the state but old people who worked in SOE and risked death in WW2 get told to bugger off, what ever happened to a land fit for hero's I wonder?!, BANG!!!!!????. Bugger spleens gone again!. :shock:
  • mellman01
    Options
    It's ironic that the mega rich are getting even richer, how can anyone have 38billion in their bank account, there's plenty of money about it's just in all the wrong places, same with food and water.
    Thing is the world is not going to get any better the population is way to large and growing by the day and it's not going to reduce soon, we are now at the level of an infestation one day mother Earth will just decide to reduce numbers and there is not a lot anyone will be able to do about it, we don't own this planet we just squatters same for the Dinosaurs and they had 165 million years of tenancy
  • mellman01
    Options
    Bloody well said Tink!!. :wink:
  • Airwave!
    Options
    The real problem is inequality, not that one person has so much, its that so many have little. We do need wealth creators, we have a system of democracy that needs to be fed by commerce and industry.

Somewhere along the line our appreciation of wealth has risen above all else and it is always the poor and unable who fall prey to illness and early death and long before they get there, to a life of undeserving kicks. Why should someone have unearned wealth and privilege when many do not?

Lets have a look at what the Budget means to us.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • mellman01
    edited 23. Mar 2011, 14:48
    Options
    Bugger me they've taxed me private jet the s(*s!, this means I'll have to go on public transport from now on!, oh well I guess we all have to tighten my belt in such hard times, I just hope they have a decent type of pasanger in club class these days!. :lol:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Calm down tink breath breath!, now go to the nearest A & E and get that there spelln of yours delt with it obviously turned toxic just like mine!!!!!!!. :shock: :lol:
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Hi Tinks, we can't go changing the world overnight, I brought the kids up to respect things not to start a revolution just because they're dissatisfied with some things. Evolution rather than revolution. I do not expect submission, just to work within the system.

On the whole, not a bad Budget considering how little money there is. I know that things are not perfect and it is us taxpayers who will right the system but at least we do have a system!

Better than some countries at the moment?

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Hey, don't apologise for speaking up, it's a long tradition in the UK, all the different opinions are interesting and the discourse is colourful and at least we can speak our minds. Nobody ever said we all have to agree.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • mellman01
    Options
    You silly tink!?, Never!, however I think your spleen is seriously infected, but sadly don't go to yuor GP's to get it hooked out as there's no money for that sort of thing so I guess it's a bottle of Gin and a Swiss army knife for you me dear!.
    Oh in the Telegraph it says each missile is around a million squid not including mantainance and lauch costs, just think of it as a really expensive firework party in a desert!. Well a desert full of nice oil!.
    Oh Haugh is now going on about a military pullout of Britis from Yemen way to go the odd looking Mekong, their bound to get shot at so that will kick off another little s*&t storm!, I bet the MOD is going to have one hell of a Christmas party!.
  • Airwave!
    Options
    There are some good things happening at the present, we again have a cabinet government not a presidential leader, we are not subject to quite so many government soundbytes and listening to a government spokesman on Breakfast TV this morning I was struck by how few soundbytes he was using, managing to talk for 3mins or so without them. Makes a change from the usual Labour corporate rhetoric firing soundbytes at us all day long, from the likes of Ball/Cooper/Milliband who are just stirring things up because they haven't got the ball at present. Look at the way they are suddenly backing the unions to have a protest march in London.

As for listening to the 'people', it proves they haven't got a single concrete policy. If they had listened to us from the start, rather than getting us to follow them, they might have been in power?

Lesson over!

8) Its a grin, honest!