Has anyone got any quick cheap recipes?

Options
katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 24. Mar 2011, 10:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anyone got any really quick easy meal recipes? or even cheat recipes ?

And no men not:chinese takeaway(which is my oh's idea of cooking!)

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Downside is that you have to cook with a lisp and a poncey southern accent, pukka.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Beans but if you want to splash out a bit...beans on toast :grin:
    I have a book by Jamie Oliver, meals in 30 minutes which I do reccomend
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Vot dwo vu mean Twony I waven't gwot a spweach inpwediment wav I!???. :lol:
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    leek and potato soup, Asda do a bag of ready chopped leek and potato for soup with all the herbs mixed in for £1, if you want to posh it up add a bit of cream if not its nice without the cream. i prefere no cream meself, cant buy the leeks spuds and stock to chop yourself for a £1.

pasta bakes arnt to expencive and very easy to do. you can buy the the sauce in a jar and a bag of pasta for around £2, throw the pasta in an oven proof dish (uncooked)poor over sauce fill jar with water and add, mix and bake in oven. can posh it up with grated cheese ontop or keep it cheep and lower callorie by leaving it out.

if you do beans on toast you can always add a twist by adding curry or chilli powder etc.

cheese and potatto pie,mash mix in grated cheese, put in dish add more cheese on top with tomatoes sliced on top. can add onion if wanted.
  • katknapp
    Options
    Turkey escalopes:quick cook turkey steaks,dip in beaten egg and then into sage and onion stuffing and fry in a little butter,great with creamy mash!and you can use any flavour stuffing,
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Now that the warmer weather's here (I might regret saying that, will probably rain for days on end starting now), try chopping up all the salad stuff you have in the fridge, add leftover ham/ chicken/ boiled eggs/ tuna with a big dollop of salad cream or mayo.

Jacket potatoes - start them off in the microwave and then finish them in the oven - cooking time depends on potato size, obviously, but this works in about half an hour... add beans, salad (see above), cheese, etc etc. Use up your leftovers in the fridge.

Don't buy pasta sauce - full of additives and not good for you. Try frying some butter and garlic in a pan, add a tin of tomatoes and tuna or anything else you fancy - veggies? Leftover cooked meat? Then just pour over cooked pasta.

Caeliacs are good at cooking up meals from scratch in a flash!

Nxx

PS - Len, you are the LAST person I imagined would buy a Jamie Oliver book - hilarious :D
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    mashed potato, fried up with chopped cabbage (ready cut bag) or save the pennies and buy an actual cabbage & bacon
    = yummy comfort food
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    it's just the right height to stop his bar stool wobbling Nina :shock: :eek: :lol:
    Lens favourite cookbook is actually...
    Know thine enemy, then cook them.. By A. Cannibal :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi

If you do a search on the forum for

Quick and Easy Recipe Suggestions
    you will find lots of recipes.

Started around 2007 I think.

Kath
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    edited 24. Mar 2011, 09:49
    Options
    coffee is pretty quick .. and that's what i eat most of the time ;)
    learn how to do soups and get a slow cooker ... you can use any combination of veggies , perhaps a handful of lentils and a couple of stock cubes :)

Minced beef recipes are very cheap :) or if you like it... pig's liver and onions with mash :) yum yum now that's about the cheapest you will get :)

Ingredients
    Couple of onions
    Pack of Tesco/Asda Pigs Liver
    Potatoes
    Butter/Marge
    2 beef stock cubes
    Flour

Make mash potato

Get a plastic bag and put some seasoned flour in it
    Slice Liver and place in bag .. shake the bag and cover all of liver in the flour.
    Soften some onions in a fry pan.. add flour coated liver and cook to taste ....then add made up oxo cube mix with water and stir in with liver and onions ,( ..

You will then have a lovely sauce around the liver and onions ... put on plate with mash and a veg of your choice ... less than 50 p per meal :)

R:)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Loving this thread. Cheap andTasty food without having to stand for hours.Great!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    kathbee wrote:
    HiIf you do a search on the forum for Quick and Easy Recipe Suggestions you will find lots of recipes. Started around 2007 I think. Kath

Yes, it was in 2007, in the November, Kath, I have bumped that thread up. Happy days, weren't they, Kath? :smile:

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • katknapp
    Options
    Got another one,this is oh and sons favourite a sort of winter evening thing:

corned beef hash

1 onion
    potatoes cubed

corned beef
    baked beans
    worcester sauce,pepper

fry the potatoes until crispy,add onions until soft,then chuck in the corned beef and baked beans warm through add worcester sauce and pepper for taste and there you go!!!i serve it with crusty bread