got those pre-infusion nerves again!

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 26. Mar 2011, 09:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI All

I know I haven't posted much for the last couple of weeks :oops: , but I have been looking in when I can.

For the last fortnight I think I have discovered the Infliximab version of our DD's 'thin end of the humira wedge' :roll: Joints which have been beginning to behave have suddenly decided to do nothing so sensible, and I am beginning to realise that perhaps the infusions have actually been doing something!

TOmorrow (Wednesday 23rd) is infusion day. THis is my 4th infusion, and the first after the 8 week gap. After my experiences last time I am not going alone - my dear hubby has taken a whole day off work so he can walk the dog and then keep me company at the hospital :shock: I fear I will be in debt to him for many weeks to come :wink::lol::lol: No man should be asked to do so much! (especially since he is injured ..... he decided to suddenly undertake a close inspection of the surface of a car park on his way to work yesterday :eek: the car park survived, but his hands, shoulder and hip didn't do so well & his drinks bottle is no more :roll: )

the good side of things is that I only have to wait for one hour after the infusion ends this time, and I managed to get an 11am start this time, so no leaving the house before the sparrows are awake :grin:

Hopefully by the weekend I'll be around to post, but in the meantime please forgive me for seeming to ignore you all

WOnky xxx

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi wonky - Good luck for tomorrow, rest as much as you can and come back to us when you feel you are ready. Will be thinking of you!
    Cath
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Wonks, wondered where you had been... Best of luck for tomorrow, and also the rewards of having it done...
    Will be on pocket duties if required, promise to not fall over :shock: :shock:

Best wishes mi dear

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi wonky , i know how horrible it is worrying about things like that , I have never had anything like that but i do feel for you , good luck , i hope you can get to sleep so you are rested at least , hubbys are so good sometimes are'nt they mine has got himself lots of points lately being there for me ........................jillyx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Spooky was just thinking about you and here you are! :shock: Do hope all goes well for you tomorrow and that you can start to feel better. Am sure it is a scary thought after a little gap and I understand that these things are certainly not pleasant but may be helpful. Really hope these infusions are the right ones for you.

No apologies needed for absence, we all know there are times when you just plainly can't face posting as much as you would like to! Been there worn the tee shirt. :lol: Glad you are looking in when you can though.

Sorry Mr Wonky took a tumble, just what was in that water bottle? :lol: Hope he isn't too bruised and sore tomorrow. You know you have a gem there and for that I am grateful as I know are you.

Don't forget to have plenty of pocket room for us all. I will be thinking of you.
    love, courage and healing hugs ((( )))
    Chris
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Wonky, I will be thinking of you tomorrow & hope it all goes well.
    Poor hubby, i do hope he's ok after his ordeal.
    Take care
    luv debs
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Wonky

I had noticed your absence from the forum. I do hope all goes well for you tomorrow and you feel the benefits soon. As you say at least you do not have to leave at the crack of dawn for this appointment. I hope hubby soon recovers from his ordeal in the car park.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The very best for today, Wonky, I hope it all goes smoothly and that you feel the benefit of the inflixi sooner rather than later. I also hope it lasts longer this time 'cos the thin end of any anti TNF wedge ain't fun. As for Mr Wonky, dare one suggest he takes a little more water with it? At least his bruises etc will heal in time. Anyhoo, here's to your restoration to a better level than of late. I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Wonky
    Im so sorry you have been having a bad time, I will be in your pocket today, and I have everything crossed that you will feel the benefit very soon.
    And you come and go has you please, but please let us know how you are from time to time, them we dont worry about you.
    Take care
    Sending you loads of hugs (((((())))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi All,

She is all hooked up, they have been kinder to her this time as well..... well they should be after the last time!

2 hours on it and an hours rest so hopefully she will escape about 3ish. Cris x

Leaving you a (((((((((( ))))))))))) and a hope you will get oh to cook dinner again? What time shall we come for :wink: So hope its going to help a lot more and you will be off the thin end and on to the firm standing. Love Cris xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wonky

sorry I didn't see this yesterday.
    I hear you are now hooked up (thank you cris)
    Hope the 2 hours fly by .
    and that you soon start to feel better.
    Take care, I am thinking of you
    Juliepf x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Good Luck, Its good that you are finding some benefit from the infusions, it must make you feel its getting to be worth all the problems you've had. Hope that things continue to get a bit better for you!! :wink:
    Make sure that your lovely husband don't take over all the attention of the medics - I was in hospital once and my husband visited after his physio and poor thing had so much pain that the nurse had to lie him on MY bed to rub his neck and put him 'comfortable' with MY pillows! :eek: He was wonderful really, I could'nt have got through without him. ohhhhh :wink: and he is still wonderful....
    Anyway Good Luck for today, thinking of you. Sue xxxx((((())))
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's just gone three so hopefully you are legging it out of the hospital, Mr Wonky in tow, and feeling OK. I have been thinking of you. DD
  • skezier
    Options
    I meant to say earlier.....

Wonky gt home ok, has had a rest up and will hopefully get a good night and be in tomorrow to update you all. Cris x

Stay warm Wonky and I so hope there will be some real benefits soon from this one. ((((( ))))) and a warm blanket. love and slurps with a few bounces and crazy flakes xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi Wonky

From Hoar Cross Hall :grin:

Hoping all went well for you and you will very soon see the benefit.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning Wonky, I hope you had a reasonable night and that all is well this morning. Was that frog showing off? It's alright for some, isn't it? You get infused but she is living the high life. :roll: DD
  • julie47
    Options
    morning wonky
    just sending best wishes and hoping the infusion is beginning to take effect,

take care
    juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning wonky, I hope all is well and that you are feeling OK. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    good morning have only just spotted this sorry do hope you doing ok and do not worry if you do not post to often no one will mind so long as we know why? then we will not send the bus out to find you thinking of you hugs val
    val
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi All,

Just to let you know Wonky is ok just very tired and wished.

She hasn't been able to sit and use the pc but is able to do small bits then rest up. these infusions knock you sideways for a bit and well that was quite a hit of drug she had.

You all take care. Cris xx

leaving you some ((((((((((( )))))))))) and a hope Wonkey for when you get in. Love, slurps, bounces and numerous pocket riffles xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    As it's you, wonky, I will spare a dandelion leaf or two from my secret stash. I hope you feel less wished soon. Rest, rest then rest some more, yes? DD

PS Thank you for the update, skezier.
  • julie47
    Options
    thank you cris for update

sorry wonkey that you are wished. I will send you a dandelion (root an all) but not quite sure why.
    Hope you feel better for the weekend.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Wonky

I do hope that you begin to feel better soon. Thinking of you,

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Oh bless you all ..... such lovely messages :grin:
    thank you all so very much.

The infusion was ok - I took my own emotional support this time, since they don't offer any :roll: and it did help - as did the later start. I managed to arrive awake and half alive at least :wink:

As usual they just left me to it once hooked up - I sometimes wonder if I should try turning green just to see if they would notice :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Hubby made himself very useful, as there were a few of us who had machines which had little battery life, so had to be plugged in unless we needed to take a walk, when we had to unplug them. His long arms came in handy for all that plugging in and out :lol::lol::lol:

I'm starting to climb out of the 'wished' feeling now, although I'm having to remind myself to walk before I try to run :roll:

Thanks Cris & Iris for keeping in touch with me on Wednesday, and to Cris in particular for PA duties above and beyond the call of duty this week. Hang in there my love - I'm with you all the way.

much love to all

WONky xxxxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Good to see you and glad it went ok, though not so good that they seem to leave you too it! Thank goodness hubby was there for support and plug duties. :lol: Hope he has recovered from his fall?

Take care and I hope the energy returns soonish for you. Rest up when you need too.
    love and hugs ((( )))
    Chris