Ankles now!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 23. Mar 2011, 12:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
Feel like I'm on here daily asking about another sore joint! Today it's my ankles. Both very swollen around area where foot meets ankle and my left ankle in particular is very sore. The ankle bone feels like I've banged it on something. Anyone else have/had this?
Magenta x

Comments

• lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    yes I do in fact yesterday my surgeon informed me its badly affected by OA and very stiff which I had got used to but am thinking it could be making my back ache and hurt so much, I'm having my left big toe joint fused next then my right big toe and ankle sorted after that, I found lifting it off of the ground with a hot water bottle next to it helps more then most things hope it feels better soon michelle
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Michelle,
    I feel for you-read your post about surgeon appointment. I actually thought it sounded like me in a couple of years. I recently got xrays done on my feet and hands. I asked my gp for xrays to be done on shoulders and he said no. Why bother? It'll only show up what you already know. He won't do a thing until he gets rhuemy letter. I asked if I should just get on with it and he said yes!!! My right ankle now has suddenly started hurting the same as the left. It's a burning pain too. I don't know whether to phone the hospital to see if rhuemy will see me again-can't go on like this, just 'getting on' with it. I'm glad you're getting necessary help,
    Best of luck with the fusion :wink:
    Thanks,
    Eileen x
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi there Eileen , I dont know how to say this but YES me to, we must stop meeting like this . Is it not inflamation moving around your body it seems mine is . I started the Sulfa meds today ,just waiting to see if i get any side effects from it . Been on here today asking all the lovely people for advise.
    How are you doing or is that a daft question .Hope you get sorted soon it must be driving you made ................jilly xx
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Jilly,
    Isn't it strange how similar we are?
    Haven't seen your post, sorry. Hope the Sulf works for you. I was nearly prescribed this 10yrs ago but declined when the dr said I couldn't try for a baby whilst on it. Hope you are well (and your other half!)?
    I'm struggling again today. The pain is constant and it feels like my feet and ankles are gradually getting bigger as I type. I know this 'flare' will pass but it's hard isn't it when you've got your normal daily things to do. I feel like like curling up in a ball (if I could :grin:) and crying.
    By the way, do you take Pregabalin? I've to start it but scared to cos I couldn't take Gabapentin,
    Nice to hear from you,
    Eileen x
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi Eileen , sorry you are so misable , yes i do take pregablin it is good . It settled down the pain didnt take it away but stopped the feeling it was everywhere. I was told by the doctor it is a newer med with less side effects than the one you took. I have not had any down side with it but i have read some do.
    I hope you are sorted soon you sound so down , it is horrible being in pain all the time , the doctors dont understand. bye and look after yourself..............alicea x..........jilly
  • keith1971
    keith1971 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Magenta,

I have the ankle thing quite bad - sharp pain mainly on the inside bone, makes walking upstairs or on uneven surfaces very painful indeed.

I bought myself some Karrimor walking shoes which have a small amount of ankle support and they've made the world of difference. I also got myself some Cosy Feet slippers.....but hey, don't tell the fashion police!

:lol:

x
    315yexv.jpg
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Magneta..

I suffer with my ankles.. not very nice.. like you say it limits your daily activities..
    I find using an ankle support helps a bit and i also apply deep heat..
    What works for some may not work for others though, so it's a bit of trial and error ...we are all different in how we experience arthur..
    Hope you get some comfort soon..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Yes that is same for me but I have had an x-ray and mine is OA.I am just waiting for a fusion (no date). Sometimes the pain is dreadful other days I have no pain at all.

I have R.A so a diagnosis of OA was unexpected.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for your replies. I've tried to rest as much as possible and no driving. I'm done in. Hope everyone well,
    Magenta x