Finally, neck jabs

Options
minky67
minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
edited 24. Mar 2011, 17:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, sorry ive not been around much but i have been looking in.
Been so down since we lost the dog, mum losing her eyesight & dad is up & down like a yoyo healthwise. Feels like its never ending.

Anyway im wondering if any of you have had these jabs (Neck)
Injection of therapeutic substance around perpheral nerve?
I got the letter today after waiting for well over 18months to finally get pain clinic to help me. Im having my ankle & wrist/hand injected at the same time next Tuesday.
I rang pain clinic as the appointment is at 5pm, just wanted to double check it & they told me i was last to go into theatre at 5.30pm. So not sure how long til i can escape after the jabs, i did tell them i would bring me rollerskates so i could escape quicker & when they werent looking :lol:
Are these done under xray?
Im not going to ask if they hurt as i dont want to know :shock: Im a scaredy cat :lol:
Hope everyones doing ok
debs

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck with the jabs - can't tell you how they are as I haven't had them. Sorry that you have had a tough time with loss of your doggie and health probs with parents. Know how it is with sight loss my mum lost hers through macular degeneration so my thoughts are with you on that one!
    Take care and let us know how you get on
    Cath
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Debs, you've been missed... I know things have been rough hun....
    Hope that you are alright.

Not had the injections, but I'm sure they will be ok.. More then likely I would think they we use xrays for this.. I have what's called stellate ganglion blocks, not arthur related but it's an injection into the throat and that's done using xray.. These are not bags of fun, done directly into the voice box, but it's over with very quickly hun, and yours will possibly be done into the side of the neck so not quite as bad.
    Best of luck with them, good to see you back hun.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    hi minky67
    Just want to say I hope things improve for you and your family soon.

I haven't had the neck injections either so I can not answer your question, I just want to say good luck and I hope they bring some relief.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Had one or two as your know. Will be in your pocket and well they going to help to some degree but see if they will do the triggers at the same time, they do mine or did in the days when they did the big ones as well.

Will confiscate your blades and go get tea in st4ad cus you need one when you come back :wink:

Glad they are at last doing this though and well will be in your pocket or all over recovery with the blades... oh does it hurt.... not once the local works. ((((( ))))) and love Cris xx
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi , I have had the injections in my neck for 12 months every 3 months , they did them under xray. You can only have 3 in one go ,

I had them done then sat down in a side room for 10mins ,then went home . you can have a brew if you like at my hospital .

I really found them so helpful, they only lasted about 8 weeks for me but it was so nice for that time .

good luck , it will be fine ...............jilly xx
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the replys.
    Cath, sorry your mums gone through the same thing. Not easy is it.

Tony, Ive been trying to keep up here. Im ok hun just trying to pull myself back up slowly.
    Ive missed you all too.

Julie thanks im hoping they work as im in agony with neck ATM.

Cris, Youve confiscated me skates already :shock: Ok Haz can keep them as i can see he's enjoying them. :lol: He said Trigger points but letter says around nerve, will see when i get there whats going on.

Jilly, glad yours helped too. Not sure whether to send OH home or get him to wait. I did ask when i rang them & they couldnt tell me. As im having my ankle & wrist/hand done too & last time had to stay in for hours, half a day. cant see that as im in at 5pm.
    I hope everyones got this lovely weather.
    Take care & again thanks for the replies.
    luv debs
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Debs
    Its really good to have you back, I know the circumstances arnt brill, but at least you know we are all here for you.
    Has for the injections sorry I havnt had them in my neck, but the ones in my back and hip have all been done under xray.
    Im so sorry to hear about your mum and dad,I have been there and do know some of what you are going through,
    I will be in your pocket , and I really hope you get good relief from them.
    Wishing you well with it all.
    Love and lots of hugs ((((())))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've never had anything like this but I wish you the very best for next Tuesday at 5pm. I am sure it will all go smoothly and let's hope they do the trick. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Tis kinda the same thing, the peripherals are the ones that seem to cause the spasms and well it could really work but if it doesn't get the botox ...... though mind the side effects I have to say this last time.....

He has your skates and he said he will trade them for a very nice pink jacket :lol::lol:

Not long to wait and will be with you. ((((( ))))) and a cuppa Cris xx
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the support & kind words.
    just to let you know my dad has been took bad again today, another water infection. To top it all my house phone has desided to pack up & they cant fix it for 24/48hrs :x No credit on mobiles & not money til tuesday, so ive got to keep in touch with me brother on facebook.
    i'll try to keep in touch but as you can see things are still up in the air for me atm.

cris, haz has a nice pink jacket on the way :wink:
    luv debs