High blood pressure and mtx/arthritis ?

Options
stephibabe2
stephibabe2 Member Posts: 60
edited 23. Mar 2011, 04:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Helllooo everyone, hope everyones as well as they can be atm :)

Just wanted to ask a quick question to see if anyones heard of this. At a rheumy app. the other day it was mentioned my blood pressure was a bit on the high side and my urine had a high amount of protein in it :S (Like I know what that means lol).

So my question would be .. has anyone ever heard of this? Is it related to arthritis or drugs? and is it to do with kidneys? lol a bit of a 3 in 1 question.

Thanks everyone xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am on meth, sulph and humira and my blood pressure has gone up, probably as a side-efect of one, two or all three (I can't be bothered to find out). A rise in BP is listed as a side-effect of humira but then so are about three million (OK, slight exaggeration there!) other things so how much credence can one place on it? I am now on BP tablets and not having any problems with them.

It has just occurred to me that I am much older than you and I think a rise in BP can also be a factor in the aging process. I don't know as I am not a doc. If you are on the younger side then I would think it is to do with the meds and/or the arthritis. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben