Pain in lower leg

Options
joon51
joon51 Member Posts: 221
edited 25. Mar 2011, 13:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi every-one hope we are not in too much pain, I have had a unusual pain in my left leg I have had it quite bad twice. The outside of my left leg just below the knee is quite painful and also looks inflammed it is very painfull going up stairs and was wondering if any-one else has had anything simular.

Take Care Junex

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi can not help but does sound like trip to gp is needed to be sure val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi June,

Agree with val its too hard to say. there are all kinds of tendons and ligaments without knocks or twists and really if its still there doing it tomorrow it would be best to have it checked out. Hope it will ease off over night with a bit of rest. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, yet another pain, it seems never-ending sometimes, doesn't it? If it doesn't settle or ease, or if it worsens then go and see the doctor. I think most of us have pain in various places from time to time, I reckon it's part and parcel of the arthritis as we (perhaps unconciously) alter the way we walk, stand and move to compensate for sore joints here there and everywhere - this can trigger fresh aches etc. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi june
    I agree with the others if it gets worse see your gp.

I am hoping it is much better today though and that you just may have pulled something.

take care
    juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi June, The pain around my legs area is similar to the pain you are suffering with. My pain that is raidiating from below my knee and riding up is causing imflamation around the knee and up and just above the knee area. It is very complicated to explain but I hope it has helped alittle!
    So I do understand where you are coming from and hope it eases for you very soon. :sad:
  • joon51
    Options
    Hi just got in from work a while ago yes I still have the pain it is right behind the knee now, I try to work through the pain but it is getting harder, had a terrible night last night woke up at 1.15 in alot of pain think pain is always worse at night. I will be seeing my rheumy doc on Monday I have got alot to ask him this time. I have not had any pred since last Friday think that might be why I am the way that I am at the moment, my left hand is starrting to cease up as well. I know Arther is a funny old thing but I feel my tendons are more involved than what my joints are. Going to start my list now for doc on Monday probably leave it on the kitchen table.

Take Care Junex
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Sorry you are in so much pain, but I agree with the others, I really think you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Just to be sure it's OK. Sorry, love Sue
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi June
    Sorry I cant help with any advice, apart from like the others have said go to your GP, I am the worst one for going to the doctors, but sometimes we have to grin and bare it.
    Good Luck, and please let us know how you are.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi joon

I hope you are feeling better today at least.

I get a pain behind my knee from my back....dont know if that helps.

If tehre si swelling and heat it's always wise to get it cheked out. i ahve the rhuemy on monday too!!! See you there :wink:

Love

toni xx
  • joon51
    Options
    Been on the phone to rheumy nurse, she has said best take pred again I was only taking 2.5mg now got to take 5mg. Knee this morning was swollen although not hot. Thank-you all for your replies and yes Toni I will see you there.

Take Care Junex
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi June,

She didn't offer you an appointment with her? If it keeps swelling and acting up you really should see someone flower.

I hope the preds will help and try and elevate it and rest it especially in bed cus that might help get some of the swelling down. Cris x
  • joon51
    Options
    Hi Cris

I have an appointment with the Rheumy doc on Monday. I haven't had any pred for a week now and I think that is why I am getting swelling and my joints are aching, I have been and had my blood took today so the doc will be able to give me the results on Monday.

Take Care Junex
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think the lack of pred could well have something to do with this - why not go back to 2.5 and see if that is enough? If not then go back to 5, but you have tried so hard to come off these things it would be a shame for this to set you right back. It's their favourite solution tho, isn't it? I know it's quick and easy, but in the long term . . . . . ? Not so good. I wish you well. DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi June,

Sorry i didn't see that :oops: i got shot eyes just now :roll:

Really glad your being seen and in case it goes down take a pic of it so you can show him? Sometimes the fates make it go before you are seen and that way he could see what its been up to.

Really hope a bit of elevation and rest will get it down to size. Cris xx
  • joon51
    Options
    DD yes that is a good idea think I will do that I've only got 2 more days till I see him I haven't had any yet I was always told to take them in the morning. Cheers Junex
  • joon51
    Options
    For about the last month I have felt that I was having alot more signs that Arther was rearing it's ugly head again. At the moment I consider myself very lucky sure before I was diagnosed I could hardly move was unable to get in and out of the bath, wouldn't say I can run the London marathon now but when I read what some of you have been and going through I feel very humble.

DD you are doing really well, it does seem strange that of all the meds we take pred does it for me. DD how have you been feeling energy wise?
    mine feels completely zapped although I am still working I spend most of the weekend resting and finding each week harder than the last will mention it to the doc on Monday

Take Care Junex
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've not had a good week, it began with a triple aspiration (badly done) and as for energy - what the blazes is that? I think I last felt energetic in October 2001, that is definitely the last time I felt anything approaching 'healthy'.

Pred has always waved its magic wand: despite all the junk I swallow and inject it has always been the only thing that makes me feel better, gives me the illusion that I am coping. I have had enough of its lies now, so time to get off it. I know it will take a very long time, I have allocated this year to it, and if it takes longer then so be it. It has to go.

We are all affected by this blasted pestilence, the extent of which varies hugely. That all depends perhaps on speed of diagnosis, effectiveness of treatments and how each body reacts to their version of this dross. It's all ghastly. Never mind, it is what it is and it will do what it will do. All we can do is fight back and not allow it to rule. I reckion we all do that, and pretty well too! I hope you have a lovely week-end - it's getting cold in Ipswich, how about Sudbury? DD