Thank goodness for nagging wives!

Options
cherrybim
cherrybim Member Posts: 334
edited 23. Apr 2011, 06:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I posted a "snoring" thread relating to my Stu who has an op date of the 11th April for the disassemblance of the meccano parts in his femur to be followed by a THR.

Cutting a long story short, my insistence upon him seeing an ENT chappie resulted in the findings that he has a cyst on his larynz. Thankfully it's not malignant and the consultant will "lazer it out".

However this means that his THR will now be postponed but I'm so glad that I was a nag. His asthma was recognised and taken into account on all pre-op assessments but obviously not the cyst 'cos nobody knew about it at the time!

Mr V said "Jolly good job we found out about the cyst, the anaesthetist would've had a hell of a job keeping you vital what with all your other problems"

So, we think we're very blessed and I've just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Stu delivered by the florist. The card says "Right as usual my little cherryblossom"

Cherry x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh my word cherrybim, what a thing. What a thing to find out. What a turn up for the books. Take a photo of your flowers, yes? I think a permanent reminder would be good. Wow. Isn't your Stu a lucky, lucky boy to have you - I reckon he knows it too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cherrybim
    Options
    Wow DD methinks the lady doth flatter too much.

Here comes the bigheaded bit.

If I'd taken pics of all the flowers Stu's bought me over the last umpteen years I'd rival Chelsea.

Nah, the truth is that we both love flowers and do regret that we now longer have, or would be able to cope with, an acre and a half of beautifully tended garden.

So the "buckets" are the closest thing these days :lol:

However we're so pleased that all was discovered before they embarked upon the THR. Every cloud etc eh?

Hope you're behaving after your aspiration. Just make sure you are, very important that. Only too sorry that you can't have new knees and get rid of the problems for once and all but we all know that it's not that simple.

Cherry x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am behaving and it's dull.

Having spent most of my life regarding flowers as mortal enemies (I was nearly finished off by some irises when I was eight) I am never bought any by Mr DD - they have never played a part in my life. Since the advent of the nasty drugs, however, I can now indulge and my aunt sends me a birthday bouquet every year - and that is lovely. DD
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Cherry

Lets be honest, they say that we are nagging but we are only showing our concern for them. Glad that your getting him sorted out now. What would they do without us there.

Karenxx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi cherry

Wow what a good thing you made stu go to get checked out.
    And how lovely of him to send you the flowers for your nagging. (your words) :lol: not mine.....I would say concern.

lovely sentiment on his card too.

Does he have to wait long for the lazer treatment.

Take care both of you
    Juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Cherry, It just shows they need us LOL...what would they do without us. Its so good it was caught in time.

Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Cherry, It just shows they need us LOL...what would they do without us. Its so good it was caught in time.

Love
    Hileena

Hi Cherry

I so agree with Hileena. My SIL nagged her hubby to go to a clinic about his snoring and one of the bloodtests showed that he had prostrate cancer. It was slow growing and the consultant thought it had been there for about 10 years.He had had no symptoms whatsoever. He was admitted promptly for an operation and is recuperating at home. Thank goodness for nagging wives.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done Cherry a crisis has been averted. You deserve the flowers.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    well done cherry.

i needed to hear some good news and this is it - you truly deserve your flowers and lots of hugs - hubby's are very precious things couldn't be without mine. my hubby had shoulder op couple of years ago and he did stop breathing during the op - the anaesthetist said he'd earned his money that day!

well done you XXXXXX

Katie
  • cherrybim
    Options
    Hello everyone I've resurrected this thread (no pun intended I promise :oops: )

Well Stu had his op on Wednesday and he was in theatre for 3 hours! As I've said before he's one of pharaoh's lean kind with a BMI to be envied but still the unremitting snoring continued and I couldn't fathom out why.

Mr Violaris said that he'd never seen such a huge cyst in all his years as an ENT surgeon. Apparently it was the size of a squashed golf ball, just about to impinge on his vocal cords and with the history of his asthma....well the rest doesn't bear thinking about!

They are all marvellous at our local hos, only half a mile away, we're very lucky and here's a bit to make you chuckle.

The Houseman and chief Anaesthetist told Stu that with the procedure there was a risk that they could crack his teeth. However should that be the case, not to worry, they'd refer him immediately he was better to the Maxo Facial Unit. Now if that's not good service I don't know what is.

Fortunately no teeth broken but he does look as though he's become a goth with black lipstick and botox :shock:

At the moment no matter what he tries to drink or eat he sees it in the bowl minutes later.

Ho hum I'm sure we'll get there in the end. It's a worry over and for that we're so very grateful.

Cherry x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Cherry
    Thankyou for your update, I am so pleased that your husbands op went well. But blimey a squashed golf ball, that was big.

I wish him a speedy recovery and I am glad your worry is over.

Love juliepf xx

You will have to save his easter eggs for when he is better then. :smile:
  • cherrybim
    Options
    Aw thank you Julie

As opposed to Easter eggs I think he'd prefer a glass of his favourite tipple, whisky but the one I poured for him yesterday is still sitting in the 'fridge :lol:

One of our boys said "Are you sure you can't use one of your old syringes and give it to the old duffer intravenously mother?" :lol:

Cherry x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Cherry
    Good on you for nagging...sorry I must have missed this the first time round...my oh is stubborn...but it just goes to show that we should carry on nagging.. :grin:
    I do hope you hubby recover very soon
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello cherrybim, I am pleased to hear that Stu has been dealt with and is on the mend - albeit slowly. Your poor man, what a thing to go through. I hope he is soon feeling a deal better and brighter - and that the whisky eventually slips down a treat! My best wishes to you both. DD
  • cherrybim
    Options
    Thank you Barbara and DD, you're so kind.

Guess what, he's had a sip of his favourite, so far so good but the basin is handy. I wish I could take on his pain. It's easy when one can sympathetically hug one's hips, knees, feet, hands and all the rest of the old screwmatics but there's not a lot one can do with a chopped up airway.

Oh btw DD. I'm nagging you now. Stop taking that alendronic acid. It's verbotem in this part of the world and all the surgeons say they wish the Americans had never introduced it. It's sadly done a lot of damage to Stu but we both continue with the Adcal.

Cherry x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh cherry, I am in a whole, new, bewildering world now re arthritis and alendronic acid. I discovered on Tuesday that I not only have PA, OA is now a factor, my knees show 'classic and significant OA damage' (no wonder the blasted drugs weren't helping) and I am in an absolute no-man's land about it all. I don't know what to do about any of it any more. I am revolving thro a whole range of emotions - none of which are helpful or useful - trying to cope with a very exasperating mother (every single little comment sounds like a criticism, probably because it is) so overall I am at the end of a particularly short tether. :sad: Never mind, it will pass, all things do. DD