finally got my Tribunal date for ESA

Options
tillypink
tillypink Member Posts: 212
edited 1. Apr 2011, 11:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Sorry Not been online for a few wks, as been having a few up and down days!

But would like some advice please if possible?

Got my tribunal date for ESA on April the 11th at 2.40pm and don't think I'm gonna get it like but worth ago!

Been on ESA since March 23rd 2010 , have got Servere OA in my left Hip, had and tried different amounts of tablets and now on some that work! (for now) Have also had steroid injection into my hip, which did't work just left me in more pain, and I'm about to start Physio on the 7th of April to see if that can relieve any Pain?!!

Not sure what to expect on the day of the Tribunal though other than them to say no!

Advice welcome

Thanks

Lisa -tillypink

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I cannot help as I have not been thro this but I do wish you the very best - if you don't try you will never know, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    hang in there tilly there will be some one who will be able to tell you about it soon im sure, good luck with yours im just putting in my apeal
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tilly
    I can not help either but i just hope everything goes ok on the 11th and you get it granted this time.

Good luck also with physio I hope that helps your hip.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tilly
    I am sorry you have been feeling down lately, I know you had a lot of pain after your injection in the hip, I have not long had this so I know what the pain was like.
    I will be thinking about you on the 11th, I cant offer any advice, but I do hope its all goes well for you.
    Good Luck
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Lisa

I have had no experience of thsi either, but teher are others on here who have and it certainly seems like people can be suprisingly successful at appeal. Are you going alone? Have you been in touch with CAB??

Have you tried doing a search on this forum? I KNOW others have been where you are now.

Love

toni xx
  • tillypink
    Options
    thanks for all ur replies, Yes been to cab , they where really helpfull.

Just waiting for the outcome on the 11th now, not looking forward to it at all!

x
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Hiya
    I've been through the entire process. Been to tribunal and everything, don't worry about it. I found that the most reassuring thing were that the people who are running the tribunal are not from the dwp and are independent therefore are not under any pressure to reduce numbers.

The best thing to do is to go prepared. Get the medical report (if you haven't already) and go online to get some help (benefits and work website is a good one, or google ESA schedule 2 where they list what qualifies). Build your case by going through the medical point by point and finding where the doctor was wrong.

To be honest my tribunal took 20 mins. The judge asked if I could turn star headed taps and I replied that I couldn't remember the last time I turned a star headed taps and whenever we move house its the first thing that gets changed. Because I didn't write 'star headed' taps on the questionnaire and the doctor decided to ignore what I said it went all the way to tribunal. What a waste of money!!

Anyway, good luck for April. Remember, you are in the right!

Jen x
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi

A couple of weeks ago I had my esa tribunal and won.

Like someone else mentioned, I too was asked about star headed taps.

You asked for an outline of what happends? .... As I sat in the waiting room a lady came up to me and asked if I had any further supporting paperwork to submit and then I was called into the meeting room. A lawyer and a Doctor sat at the other side of the table. The lawyer explained the agenda saying that I could 'have a say' just now and/or at the end, the doctor would ask me some questions regarding the esa medical I had as well as the form I originally completed and that it was all related to the day in questions (the day of the medical). I would then be asked to leave the room for 5 or 10 mins and upon returning would be told of their decision. I was in for about 20 mins.

I felt very defensive on the day and therefore naturally felt that the doctor was attacking me personally and indicating that I was a liar when really I guess she was just being thorough! I went to the meeting myself and did not take any letters from doctors etc as I knew what I wanted to say and in my own words - that's just the way I am.

I really did not think I had any chance in winning however I did so please take comfort from that.

Try not to fret and think positive.

Good luck, keep us posted and keep smiling! 8)
    Carol
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Sorry I cant give you any advice but good luck with the tribunal. Will be in your pocket thinking of you at that time
    Jakib0644.gif
  • tillypink
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks so much for ur kind words.

Still worried about the whole ESA tribunal, but Have just had a fab letter from my Consultant to take with me to the tribunal, so hope this will go in my favour and I'll be able to win my case, fingers crossed for the 11th of April. :wink:

thanks again

Lisa
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Good luck Lisa with your tribunal.

Good news that the meds are helping. Are you canditate for surgery in the future?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Good luck Tilly..

I have just claimed ESA and have recently been awarded it but i know in the next few weeks i will have to go to a meeting to see if i am fit for work..
    I really hope it goes well for you ..fingers crossed..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Can't give you any advice but just anted to wish you good luck and will also be in your pocket on the 11th. Cris x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Tilly

I can't add to the advise but just wanted to wish you luck and hope it goes well for you on the 11th. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Take care
    Chris