Which Comedians make you laugh

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 13. Apr 2011, 18:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Not too many these day's, although they are not really comedians if you know what I mean, they are observationist's, and storyteller's.
John Bishop is , or was ok ( bit overexposed methinks), and early Peter Kay was good.(Phoenix Nights )
From years ago, Tommy Cooper made me laugh, and I used to like Caroline Aherne as Mrs Merton, i.e. what atracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels, was a piece of genius
There's a lot of hype involveing some of the new names on the circuit, and a lot of them arn't that funny, who do you like. Alanthemanc

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I love Billy Connelly and
    hate Roy Chubby Brown
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    ohh, Victoria Wood and Julie Walters, Acorn Antiques was just brilliant.

Crissy Rock, (although a wee bit blue to say the least)

Loved Les Dawson.

Peter Kay
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I wasn't a great fan of Ken Dodd until I saw him on stage recently. He's really the last one of the old music hall comedians, and he kept the audience ( including me) laughing for hours. The show began at 7.30, and we didn't leave the theatre until 12.30. For most of that time, Ken was alone on stage, but he held the audience in the palm of his hand. He was incredible, and it was like watching a master class in comedy.

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • PamieAFC1903
    PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
    Options
    Michael McIntyre
    Billy Connolly
    Jack Dee
    Lee Evans
    Frankie Boyle (on occasions)
    Russell Howard

Buying tickets to see Michael McIntyre next year on the 31st :).
    I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Options
    David Cameron .... ;) hehe
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    At the moment - John Bishop - hes very quick, can't stand Frankie Boyle. Years and years ago my mum went to see Ken Dodd and said it was the best night out she had ever had - she even came home with a tickling stick!
    Cath
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    At the moment john bishop,and peter kay im going to see him in the summer...i went to see a comedian a few years back cant remember his name...he had long hair lol anyway i sat through the whole thing straight faced and bored!there were a few amusing bits but on the whole boring! will think of his name lol
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    Ah ha just remembered it...Ross noble!!
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Options
    I still like Dylan Moran .. havent seen him about recently .. but love Black Books :)

R
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Blimey! Black Books brings back a few memories. They repeated that on Dave last year, didn't they?

Right, who makes me laugh? rehab (frequently, loud and long), Billy Connolly (what a voice), robertls (I like the way he fiddles with words and phrases), The Goons, Round the Horne, tjt6768 (he is not a complete idiot, some parts are missing), Men Behaving Badly, Michael MacIntyre (cleanly funny) and Jonny Vegas. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    D.D. I read in his book, that Peter Kay's first serious try at comedy was at the Levenshume Palace , Manchester in a comedy competition. Anyway, the favourite was Jonny Vegas, already a big name on the Manc comedy circuit.
    Result, 2nd place Jonny, first place Peter. the rest is history, not bad both of them should have a future. Alanthemanc
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What was that sitcom that Vegas did on the Beeb? He played a bloke called . . . um . . . . can't remember. It was quite good tho.

How's Carlos? Did you sort the gas fire and just how big is the new telly? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    stewart francis was on comedy roadshow last night - just one-liners but soo funny :lol: I loved watching Billy Connelly when i was younger he still makes me laugh now.

Katie x
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Michael McIntyre
    Billy Connolly
    Jack Dee
    Lee Evans
    Russell Howard

Totally agree with these Pammie, and Eddie Izzard is great.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    D.D.
    Can't remmeber the Vegas series.
    Carlos ok, but b....y h.ll, these Corsas are not too hot on petrol knocking around town.
    Gas fire ok
    T.V., gave it a bang on the side, and hey presto, another years tele.
    Thanks for asking Alanthemanc
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Was that vegas series 'ideal'?... Brilliant series..
    I really like..

Robin Williams (not nobbie!! :evil :evil)
    Billy Connelly
    Sean Lock
    Bill Bailey
    Jimmy Carr

And many more..

Who needs comedians when you're in a caravan with great friends, just sat taking the mick out of each other... lol
    Been in stitches nearly all day today, had a great time... Woman in the shop in Skeggy thought our pals were Janets :shock: :shock: :shock: Mum & Dad..
    Oh boy, that one has some mileage to it... Haha... Janet waited till she got out of the shop and put her arms out and shouted, MAMMY, DADDY!! :lol::lol:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    I like Peter Kay, Michael McIntryre, Johnny Vegas and of course the old ones Morecambe and Wise, love the PG advert with Vegas and Monki.....Classy...
    Cannot stand John Bishop, instant switch off, channel switch, urgh that voice is like fingernails going down a blackboard!!!!!!

Elainex
    Not too many these day's, although they are not really comedians if you know what I mean, they are observationist's, and storyteller's.
    John Bishop is , or was ok ( bit overexposed methinks), and early Peter Kay was good.(Phoenix Nights )
    From years ago, Tommy Cooper made me laugh, and I used to like Caroline Aherne as Mrs Merton, i.e. what atracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels, was a piece of genius
    There's a lot of hype involveing some of the new names on the circuit, and a lot of them arn't that funny, who do you like. Alanthemanc
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh I do love comedians! I keep badgering my OH to take to me to see my fav's live! I like...:-
    Jimmy Carr
    Stewert Francies
    John Bishop
    Eddie Izzard
    Frankie Boyle
    Lee Mack
    Joan River
    Julian Carey
    Rhod Gilbert

There are quite a few more but you could say I do Love a good stand up comedian!!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    The Welshman Rhod Gilbert, only he could tell us about the TOG ratings!!! and his suitcase with the broken handle hahahahahhahahhahah......
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Robin Williams live at the Met, totally priceless!.
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options
    lee evans, seen him twice and going again in sept :D
    micheal mckintire, john bishop, sarah milligan, peter kay, alan carr, billy connelly, jack whitehall, ed burns, dara obriain, frankie boyle, russell howard, andy parsons oh theres loads! love stand up comedy!

lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • mudie68
    mudie68 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, This is a true story about a comedian who did his 'turn' in the Eagles Nest night club in the Manderine Hotel, Hong Kong. I was in the Royal Navy in 1963 and was watching one of his acts which was lousy and no one ever laughed. I heard two guys in the audience say he'd seen him before and he always died on stage, but they kept booking him. Me and my mate had been watching him when suddenly he collapsed on stage after 10 minutes and someone shouted out 'he's died on stage at last'. After they took him off the manager came on stage to say the comedian had passed away for real; and the whole auditorium burst into tears of laughter for 5 minutes or longer, and gave him a standing ovation. As I'm sitting here typing this that's the Gospel Truth!!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    tjt6768 (he is not a complete idiot, some parts are missing) DD

:shock: HEY.... I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK :shock: :lol::lol: Does mek mi wonder which bits are missing :???: :???: :lol::lol::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Anyone watch Would I lie to you Lee Mack David mitchell and Rob bryden Classic :lol::lol::lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    Anyone watch Would I lie to you Lee Mack David mitchell and Rob bryden Classic :lol::lol::lol:

I agree Tone - brilliant programme.

Sarah Millican is my favourite at the moment :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'