Another ESA cockup!

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 29. Mar 2011, 15:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
I applied to and eventually received ESA after going through the entire process and even to tribunal. The tribunal was in Sept last year. November last year I was sent the bloody form again and the process started again. Because of my NI contributions I don't qualify for any money but do receive NI credits. Now during the elongated ESA process I conceived and gave birth to my baby boy and therefore receive NI credits for at least 12 years so when they said I had to attend yet another medical I told them that I didn't have the extra energy to cope with my son and to jump through the hoops this benefit requires for no reason. I rang both Atos and the jobcentre and followed it up with a letter.

So today another letter from the DWP informing me that I didn't attend my medical appt on 7th Feb but because I'd attended all previous appt's instead of stopping my ESA they would give me the benefit of the doubt and send me another medical appt!!!

AGH!! What do I have to do to these people?!? Even the woman I spoke to at the jobcentre was baffled! How much extra money is being spent on chasing me when I've asked them to stop?!? Glad the g'ment are trying to save money!

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jenzie

Oh heck was only reading your bumped up post for someone else yesterday and thinking "she did well there"....So sorry to hear today that the posterior dont know what its doing from the elbow!!
    Make you kinda wonder if these people ever pass on messages, look in files for recent entries? Its only simple admin tasks but they seem to get away with doing it wrong so often!!
    I hope you get this sorted out soon...

Elainex
    jenzie06 wrote:
    I applied to and eventually received ESA after going through the entire process and even to tribunal. The tribunal was in Sept last year. November last year I was sent the bloody form again and the process started again. Because of my NI contributions I don't qualify for any money but do receive NI credits. Now during the elongated ESA process I conceived and gave birth to my baby boy and therefore receive NI credits for at least 12 years so when they said I had to attend yet another medical I told them that I didn't have the extra energy to cope with my son and to jump through the hoops this benefit requires for no reason. I rang both Atos and the jobcentre and followed it up with a letter.

So today another letter from the DWP informing me that I didn't attend my medical appt on 7th Feb but because I'd attended all previous appt's instead of stopping my ESA they would give me the benefit of the doubt and send me another medical appt!!!

AGH!! What do I have to do to these people?!? Even the woman I spoke to at the jobcentre was baffled! How much extra money is being spent on chasing me when I've asked them to stop?!? Glad the g'ment are trying to save money!
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi there,
    Im sorry you have had such a long haul with ESA. I am just waiting to hear desicion after applying a few weeks ago. I read that you say you had a baby and that this will now pay your NI. I was told by the ESA that having children only keeps your entitlement up to state pension and pays nothing towards benefits. I would check that before stopping your ESA. I have 4 children youngest was 3 when they pain my NI contributions. I was off sick with a back op. I hadnt earnt enough to get any benefit but they pain my NI. Why would they have done that if having children meant it was covered.
    See what they say. I just didnt want you to lose out. Im having to appy again as im bad again and no doubt ive not earnt enough this time either!
    Good luck,
    Seamonkey
  • jenzie06
    Options
    Hiya
    Seamonkey- ESA only pay NI credits which go towards pension, nothing towards benefits. I could be on ESA forever and it only ever count towards pension. It's a stupid gap in the system which I horribly fall into. But trying to get a decent answer from the NI people is a nightmare in itself. Depending on who you talk to depends on your answer and they refuse to put anything in writing. Slightly frustrating!!

To be honest by the time I get to pensionable age (which will probably about 88yrs by then) I'll be entitled to naff all!

Long term financial plan - to win the lottery...still waiting....
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Oh jen

I am speechless.....sahking my head from side to side on gthsi one and just well :roll:

thinking it's time to get on to your MP show him/her how our taxes are being spent/

Love

toni xx
  • jenzie06
    Options
    Update of this never ending saga:
    Received a phone call today from our lovely friends Atos. A man from Atos wanted to book me yet another medical. I tried to ask him to ring the jobcentre as I had cancelled my ESA claim. I explained about the NI contributions and now I've had a baby I get my NI paid for for 12 years.

He was extremely insistent that because I was getting my NI credit paid then I had to come for a medical as it was classed as a benefit. He said it was nothing to do with ESA claim and that as I was having my credit paid due to having my baby then I had to have a medical. I asked that did I have to come and wave my baby at a doctor to prove he existed? He replied yes!
    I pointed out that he was clearly talking out of his bottom and no one else has to have a medical to prove they've had a baby. His reply: this is nothing to do with anyone else, you have to have a medical. I asked to speak to his manager because he was not making sense. He replied: no I couldn't speak to a manager because he was explaining.
    Finally I said to just send me the bloody appointment then but I wouldn't be attending the medical. He gave me a date but I told him I wasn't in the country on that date. His reply: oh, well I can't offer you another date just yet as I haven't got one on my system. End of call.

AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Rang jobcentre to tell them I'm starting to feel harassed and to ask what he was on about. They hadn't got a clue either but will send yet another email yadda yadda yadda...

The saga continues.....(but I feel another letter to my MP coming on)