Can my Colon be Pushing on A Nerve

Options
Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 26. Mar 2011, 03:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have long standing colon pains mainly left sided. I also have back pain and sometimes my left leg becomes irritated and restless. Can it be that the colon is creating the pain and is it pushing on a nerve creating the restles leg and if so what do I do about it

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    to be honest have no idea but if inflamed then would have tought it can the nerves go through your groin and could be they are getting squeezed my doc said if belly a little large can cause numbness below knee as presses on nerve so do not see why not val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lots of pain,

It would be possible if it were very inflamed or hardened by something and in the wrong place. I got crohn's and its left my colon alone but it hasn't the small intestine and when its flaring it can hurt things around it but its never made it to the peripheral nerves as yet.

i kinda wonder if its more likely your back is pushing a nerve? Think if your not due to be seen its an idea to go and see someone.

Thing is if its the colon that is dong it you need to be seen cus it would imply there is some kind of inflammation, thickening etc and that's not good to leave too long. I hope it will all subside and you will get a better night. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Perhaps your GP can help with this, they know your history and have some medical knowledge. It would seem possible to me but I am not a doc. I hope you can find out what's going on and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben