Six months

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 31. Mar 2011, 14:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Six months has flown past since my THR Saw the surgeon today and got a really positive reaction from him He wants me to go back in another 6 months for an XRay But says I can do almost anything I want now Anyone waiting for this op Don't hesitate I can't believe how much it has changed my life.Off to Benidorm for some R&R next Friday Want to say again thanks for all the support given to me on this forum :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    that such great news well done you must have worked hard but worth every min enjoy hols val
    val
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    what fantastic news - enjoy the holiday you deserve it. just one favour though, please bring us back some lovely warm sunshine

Katie x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Strewth, is it six months already? Congratulations, tonesp, that is really good news. Take care and enjoy the rest of your life to the best of your ability - it should all go swimmingly well now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Very pleased to wish your hip a happy 6th month anniversary Tone :grin:

Brilliant news :grin:

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Gosh Tones
    I remember waiting for your 6 weeks checkup...and now 6 months...you have been an inspiration to all us lot that need THRs.
    You have a lovely hol... how far do you have to travel from where you live....is it norther Spain :?:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Tone

Thanks for this thread and well done you. :grin: As a current ditherer, :???: it certainly gives me some courage for the future. Hope things continue to go well for you. Enjoy your hol.
    Chris
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    wonderful news I hope it gives you no problem and you have a great holiday Michelle
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Gosh Tones
    I remember waiting for your 6 weeks checkup...and now 6 months...you have been an inspiration to all us lot that need THRs.
    You have a lovely hol... how far do you have to travel from where you live....is it norther Spain :?:
    Barbara x
    Hi BarbaraWe live in a little village called Hondon de los Frailes We are about 1and1/4 hours drive from Benidorm We are in the mountains almost on the Murcia Alicante border.If you can find Elche on a map of Spain that is our nearest big town and where I had my op
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Hi - well doneon reaching this milestone and enjoy your holiday!
    Cath
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tonesp
    That is brilliant news I am so pleased for you.

Enjoy your holiday.

Take care
    juliepf x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am so pleased you have had such a good result. Bet you will enjoy the R&R.
    OH parents have a restaurant and houses in Mojacar probably about an hour and a half away from you. We take 2 hours from Alicante airport on those lovely fast,empty roads(mind you the M1 was great this weekend)!They all want to go for Christmas but I am not sure I want a Christmas in Spain.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Weh hey! Well done you! It is great to see such a positive post on here.

Enjoy your holidods and thank you for making us all smile :lol:

Carol
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    That is great news Tonysp.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.